Searching for Turbofire addicts!

Options
Hi, I am new here too - although I have been using the tracker on my phone since September. I was hoping to make friends with people that share my obsession with Turbofire, P90X and Insanity!

1977539.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• sm26davis
    Options
    Im doing p90x. Im in my third week!!!
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I LOVE TURBO FIRE!!!
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    havent heard of the turbo fire...what is that 1??
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    LOVE TF!! At the moment I'm doing the Turbo Fire/Chalean Extreme hybrid.
  • angeliq00
    Options
    Turbofire is available at www.beachbody.com - it is an advanced version of the TurboJam-style workouts. It incorporates High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), which pushes you to your maximum heartrate for short intervals... HIIT training is loved by athletes because it pushes you to peak performance and boosts calorie expenditure for 12-24 hours after the workout.
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Love Turbo Fire. It's fabulous and Chalene really keeps you motivated!!!
  • telcochik
    telcochik Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire is my passion! I lost 18 lbs and 8 inches in my first 20 week round!

Sharon
  • s_perdue
    Options
    Hello all! I just started TurboFire on Saturday. I am doing the easy plan for now. I had my tonsils removed just after Christmas and probably should not be doing high intensity yet anyway! But so far I love it. I did p90x and insanity last spring/summer/fall. I liked insanity better than p90x. Not sure where Turbo will fit in ! So far I burned 640 during the HIIT 30 and about 650 in the Fire 55 EZ. Pretty good!!
  • csingleton24
    csingleton24 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just ordered TurboFire today. I am NOT a fan of DVD video workouts, but I really wanted something fun. I almost went with Zumba, but this looked more like my kind of workout. I love kickboxing and dancing so this seemed like the perfect hybrid.

For those of you who do it now, is it hard to get the movements down? The commercial seemed like it was really high paced and with my lack of coordination I'm nervous that it's going to be hard for me to get the routines down.

Anyways, just thought I'd say hi and share my soon to be workout regimen!

~Christy
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I just ordered TurboFire today. I am NOT a fan of DVD video workouts, but I really wanted something fun. I almost went with Zumba, but this looked more like my kind of workout. I love kickboxing and dancing so this seemed like the perfect hybrid.

For those of you who do it now, is it hard to get the movements down? The commercial seemed like it was really high paced and with my lack of coordination I'm nervous that it's going to be hard for me to get the routines down.

~Christy

For the workouts there is a "new to class" option where the moves are broken down and you "walk" thru it a few times and then you do it for real! Very helpful!

I LOVE Turbo Fire. I did 1 round of P90X and then decided to get Turbo Fire last summer.
  • teshann68
    Options
    Hello all! I am brand new to this site and program. I am highly motivated to work hard to lose the extra winter pounds; however, I am not too motivated to give up my chocolate or burritos!! hee hee. I do have a motto though and I am sticking to it.........NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. Although hard to stick to at times, its so very true! I was 120 two summers ago and now.......well lets just say I am 40 pounds heavier.....this way I dont give out my weight, you have to do the calculations. LOL Anyways I am really thinking about purchasing Turbo Fire. I saw the ad and instantly wanted to jump around and punch at the air like they did. It seriously looked fun and beneficial at the same time. Let me know if you all really like it. Thanks and nice to meet you all!!!!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Hello all! I am brand new to this site and program. I am highly motivated to work hard to lose the extra winter pounds; however, I am not too motivated to give up my chocolate or burritos!! hee hee. I do have a motto though and I am sticking to it.........NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS. Although hard to stick to at times, its so very true! I was 120 two summers ago and now.......well lets just say I am 40 pounds heavier.....this way I dont give out my weight, you have to do the calculations. LOL Anyways I am really thinking about purchasing Turbo Fire. I saw the ad and instantly wanted to jump around and punch at the air like they did. It seriously looked fun and beneficial at the same time. Let me know if you all really like it. Thanks and nice to meet you all!!!!

Welcome to MFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only will you love the community, you will love Turbo Fire!!! I just finished the 20 week program and lost 18 lbs and 8 inches. It is my absolute favority program. I highly encourage you to get it!

Sharon
  • telcochik
    Options

~Christy

It definitely took me a couple of tries to get all the moves down 100% but if you just keep working at it I promise the routines become easier to follow. By the time you've done each one 3 or 4 times not only are you anticipating song changes but you're also better in tune with movement changes and the routine as a whole. Stick with it! I promise it's worth it!

Sharon
  • cspons
    cspons Posts: 2
    Options
    I just received my TurboFire DVD set this weekend and I am starting it today! I am super nervous because AFTER ordering it and watching the intro DVD, Chalene mentions it is for people with a string aerobic background. =( I am usually no good at aerobics but figured I would try this since everything else I have tried seems to be failing. I don't plan to do the 5-day inferno mea plan because it is super expensive to buy those shakeology drinks and I have a family to also feed and I don't think the food will appeal to them. However, as I have been for the last month, I will continue dieting and just eating larger amounts of protein for better energy. I will let you know how it goes. Good luck!
  • dcroselle
    dcroselle Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I found this forum. I am new here and today will be my 1st day on Turbo Fire. Am planning to do the 1st workout when I get home from work later. Would appreciate any advice regarding the program and also about meal plans? Am not much into veggies so I'm sort of just going by my own meal plans. If anyone out there has a solid one they can recommend, much appreciated.

Thanks!
  • telcochik
    Options
    Turbo Fire offers intense cardio training. It is not solely for those that have a strong cardio background or experience. You are not expected to get all the moves down on the first try. It is a program where you will not only build cardio endurance but you'll also progress from basic performance to the point where not only are you doing 100% of the workout but you're also able to add your own flair. Go at your own pace, don't be discouraged if you don't get it the first time around, and by all means ENJOY yourself. Know that whatever you do is better than what you did before Turbo.

I completed the 20 week program, including the advanced workouts, and lost 18 lbs and 8 inches. I was not an expert on day 1 but I was 1000% better by the end of it!

Please friend me if you're just starting out and ask any questions you might have.
    Sharon
  • tammilk
    tammilk Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Do not feel bad if you can not keep up at first! Do the "new to class" option and do what you can. Also in the videos you can follow Ally who does "easier" version of most moves. Stick with it!!
  • HollyMac20
    HollyMac20 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new here too - although I have been using the tracker on my phone since September. I was hoping to make friends with people that share my obsession with Turbofire, P90X and Insanity!

1977539.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Those are my three favorite workouts!!! My strength these days is P90X: Shoulders and Arms and Check and Back a couples times a week, then Turbo Fire classes and HIIT's 3-4 days a week. A group of us at lunch do Insanity, sometimes. My running partner in the summer refuses to do anything that involves rhythm, so that pretty much narrows it down.