Replies

• kbryandmore
    kbryandmore Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ProgressNotPerfection32
    ProgressNotPerfection32 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I currently have a fitbit flex but have researched fitness trackers for my mom recently. I'm lovin the features of the vivofit and want one for mysel now!! Also, look in to the new LG Lifeband, that one looks awesome.

Good luck!
  • Algerina9601
    Algerina9601 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and I love it! It's small, the charge lasts a long time, is syncs with my iPhone and it gets me off my butt.
  • Amandastan
    Options
    Vivo-fit is made my Garmin and that's always good product. Plus it lets you see your progress for the day. Also you don't have to worry about charging it every day.

Fitness trackers are not that good considering they don't measure heart-rate, just steps. You can't ever get a correct calculation of calories burned by riding a bike, or hiking uphill. Nor pushups or planking etc. It really is not the best way to track calories burned unless you just run or walk. I was not impressed as i bike a lot and hike up a lot of hills.
  • alexkirkp
    alexkirkp Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The vivofit does actually allow you to use it with a heart rate monitor for activities, like biking or hiking to get a more accurate view of your workout. Any ANT+ heart rate monitor will work with it.

My thought is if you are worried about price get a used fitbit off ebay. If not get the vivofit.
  • dedflwrs
    dedflwrs Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit One since February. Love it.
  • express1975
    express1975 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to get a heart rate monitor/calorie monitor but I have no idea where to start. I want something that I can wear that also has a watch in it. I've been researching them online and I am lost. I have a nordictrack treadmill that is ifit ready but I'm not sure about that, either. I have an android phone but I'm not very interested in syncing it up with a device. If I can then that's fine but it's not a feature I need. I'm gonna research the vivofit and lg lifeband now
  • CARJCAEJ
    CARJCAEJ Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Have not seen the Lifeband -- will have to check it out.
  • CARJCAEJ
    Options
    The Vivofit does have the option of a heart rate monitor. I used to use the sportbrain and loved it, but I am leaning a bit towards the Vivofit at present. Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind a hundred times before I actually place the order. :laugh:
  • HornedFrogPride
    HornedFrogPride Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Would strongly recommend Vivofit over Fitbit. I have a Vivo, my wife has a Fitbit. Seamless integration with Garmin Connect for runners especially is a big deal. Here is my Vivofit review from my blog if it is helpful to you in making your decision. Good luck! http://runninggrooveshark.com/2014/04/28/vivofitting/
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    The vivofit does actually allow you to use it with a heart rate monitor for activities, like biking or hiking to get a more accurate view of your workout. Any ANT+ heart rate monitor will work with it.

My thought is if you are worried about price get a used fitbit off ebay. If not get the vivofit.
    Be careful buying a Fitbit from ebay. A huge percentage of these don't work out of the box or fail within warranty period and the company isn't going to replace it unless you bought it from an authorized reseller.

To save money, I'd buy a Fitbit Zip for $59 from a local store so if it doesn't work you can take it back, no questions asked. Or wait 3 months for Black Friday sales when they all go down 20% or so.
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Check out this group on facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/activitytrackers/?ref=ts&fref=ts

All current activity trackers are discussed there and there are some useful pdf files for downloading.

Stef.
  • Scott_2025
    Scott_2025 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Bump to save for later...
  • CARJCAEJ
    Options
    Would strongly recommend Vivofit over Fitbit. I have a Vivo, my wife has a Fitbit. Seamless integration with Garmin Connect for runners especially is a big deal. Here is my Vivofit review from my blog if it is helpful to you in making your decision. Good luck! http://runninggrooveshark.com/2014/04/28/vivofitting/
    [/quote]

Thanks! Ordered the Vivofit from Amazon this morning. Ordered the Bitbelt to secure the band, and a cheap shoe pouch to try it out for biking. Will see if that works or not.
  • tushar05
    tushar05 Posts: 25
    Options
    I tried Fitbit and Vivofit, both are good but I had to charge Fitbit every 4-5 days and didnt like it because of my travelling. Vivofit is great as it has battery life of one year.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I think that's a plus of the Fitbit Zip-- it has the replaceable battery rather than the rechargeable of the more expensive models. Just for more info, not trying to sell you on any brand.
  • d4rkkn16ht
    d4rkkn16ht Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm using Vivofit + HRM chest band.
    It's really great but it has minor MFP integration bug (also Garmin Connect bug?)
    Garmin Connect doesn't have Boxing as an Activity.
    So whenever I do boxing with HRM, it will become Running/walking/aerobic after sync.
    It goes both way in Garmin Connect & MFP.
    MFP has boxing but it synced with Garmin Connect & it will become Running/walking/aerobic too.
    So I have to edit it manually.

Other than that it's awesome :love:
  • CARJCAEJ
    Options
    Thanks, everyone, for your input. I ordered the Vivofit yesterday, and it should be here tomorrow.
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    I'm day 3 using my new Vivofit and I love it. I bundled it with the heart rate monitor so I know my calorie burns are much more accurate than the generic allowances that come through from Map My Fitness. I've had no issues so far, but again, I'm only on day 3! :)