Options

Replies

• LndaRose
    Options
    Myfitnesspal!
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    OP, there is no quick fixes or magic tricks. Eat at a reasonable yet responsible deficit And you'll lose weight.
  • sweetnessnc
    sweetnessnc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    lmbo!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Just an observation.

You joined MFP 18+months ago. Had you started back then with a moderate caloric deficit with a diet of healthy and nutritious foods and added some moderate cardio exercise and strength training program, you could have most probably lost about 2lbs/wk in a healthy, sustainable manner. You could be about about 140lbs into your goal of 190lbs lost.

Which means starting now for whatever reason is a good idea.

I agree. The way I see it, the time is going to pass either way. I can stay the same, get bigger,(God forbid), or finally,do what I should be doing and let it pass as I get smaller and healthier. It's all up to me, or you.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Forget all the stuff about eating clean, cutting out certain foods, coaches who want to help, drinking weird teas, etc.

Instead, listen to all the advice in here about starting now to make a healthy lifestyle change by creating a moderate deficit. All that is required to lose weight is a calorie deficit. You can keep all the foods you love, you just eat less of them.

As for losing weight quickly for your cousin's wedding--nah, forget it. Let her have her stuff of doing the semi-shotgun wedding, and forget about keeping up with her by doing your own shotgun diet.

Create a moderate calorie deficit, stick to it, and you would lose weight in a slow and sustainable way that will lead to lifestyle/lifetime changes.

You can start now and feel a whole lot better by the time of the wedding. :smile:
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I can't see your log, but cutting out the sugar from my diet has helped me a lot. I'm insulin resistant so when I say no sugar I mean no more than 7 or 8 sugars every 2 hours. I'm not perfect of course but no sodas or junk food. It's not easy but I feel so much better. I'm not having huge sugar crashes throughout the day anymore.
    I weigh and log everything. I hold myself accountable if it goes in my mouth I log it. I run and take karate classes. When I'm watching TV I will lift a weight. (You can even fill a water bottle with sand or rocks if you don't have any weights) The point is keep busy, keep moving and eat healthy. At least this is working for me.
    This isn't magic, but if you find what works for you, the next time one of your cousins gets married you won't have that terrible feeling you have now. (I'm sure we all understand that feeling too)
    Good luck! :)
  • Catter_05
    Catter_05 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Forget all the stuff about eating clean, cutting out certain foods, coaches who want to help, drinking weird teas, etc.

Instead, listen to all the advice in here about starting now to make a healthy lifestyle change by creating a moderate deficit. All that is required to lose weight is a calorie deficit. You can keep all the foods you love, you just eat less of them.

As for losing weight quickly for your cousin's wedding--nah, forget it. Let her have her stuff of doing the semi-shotgun wedding, and forget about keeping up with her by doing your own shotgun diet.

Create a moderate calorie deficit, stick to it, and you would lose weight in a slow and sustainable way that will lead to lifestyle/lifetime changes.

You can start now and feel a whole lot better by the time of the wedding. :smile:

This is really good advice!
  • chrissypants77
    chrissypants77 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using Medifast. It is the only diet that I have ever used to lose a considerable amount of weight pretty quickly. I lost 70 pounds on it a few years ago, in about 5 months.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using Medifast. It is the only diet that I have ever used to lose a considerable amount of weight pretty quickly. I lost 70 pounds on it a few years ago, in about 5 months.
    If it worked so well, why are you here? I'm not even being snarky, I'm serious. Was it not sustainable? Did it come back?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options

No!!! Just no!!

OP, you do not need any fad diets, starvation, multi level marketing schemes, and all the other non sense. Just eat at a deficit and forget about the rest.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    This is bad advice.

Besides, you lost 70 pounds on Medifast, but now you're back to lose 95 pounds?

I'm not trying to be rude, but that makes zero sense.

Just curious, how are you working on losing weight now?
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options

n o n o n o n o
  • librarydebster
    librarydebster Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I hate to say it because you have a mission but accept yourself as you are for the wedding. Have fun and enjoy yourself. Seriously.

Losing weight quickly is never a good idea. Cut way back on sugar, which is more a culprit than fats. Eat regular healthy food. Stay away from diet gimmicks and products.

Make sure you have a calorie deficit but don't starve yourself and exercise but gradually amp up the exercise as your body tells you it's ready for more. You will lose weight before the wedding but don't make it a crash diet.

I have lost 53 pounds so far this year by making good food choices the majority of the time and enjoying lots of exercise.
  • ParkerH47
    ParkerH47 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Some of the commenters on here didn't register that your friend was rushing the wedding - thus it is not your fault for only starting now. So don't worry about the heroin jokes - as funny as they might be.

We all have this natural urge to want to look our best for weddings - there will be pictures and dresses and dancing etc. It is totally understandable that you would like to lose some weight - we all do! I would suggest using MFP, and at the VERY MINIMUM consume 1200 calories per day. If you can lose at a good rate, with calories higher then that, even better. But try not to go below 1200. Then try taking advantage of great fall weather and go on a daily walk - whatever you can manage.

I'm not sure what your activity level, height and weight are so its hard to get into details. Could you tell us how much you are hoping to lose?

Having said all that - I do agree with the other posters who have suggested not to do some crazy crash diet or get too intense. When we go too hard too fast it tends to just set us up for failure. Do your best and even if its only 5-10 lbs that is still lighter than you are today and a step in the right direction.

Also remember to love and accept yourself in your own body. Don't worry about the judgement of others - your at the wedding to share a great day with your cousin, nothing else. Do your best and enjoy yourself!
  • Littlemissjackie1
    Littlemissjackie1 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You should try some strength exercises and toning, this along with tracking everything you eat. You may not loose a whole lot of weight, but the muscle toning will make you look slimmer and lean. Best of luck!!
  • ILoveBreakfast671
    ILoveBreakfast671 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Smoke meth. Seen it happen before my eyes. He went in his room, came out a week later looking like bones.

Or you can macro / count cals / burn at least 300 cals everyday / play with your insulin.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options

I lost about that much (a bit more,but just a bit) in that time frame. I got gallbladder disease.

Fun times.

Losing too much weight too quickly isn't a good idea. Pace yourself. Start now, you'll be at least 10 lbs smaller by the wedding and regardless of how you look, you'll feel much better.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If you really do have 190 lbs to lose, you will be able to make a decent dent in 2 months. I had close to the amount you have to lose and lost 35 lb in my first 2 months (doctor supervised strict diet + exercise). On your own, you may manage 3 lb per week, it's fairly easy and 4 if you push yourself. Find out how much you need to eat to maintain weight (make sure you select the sedentary setting), then subtract 1500 and that would be your baseline. Say you need 3000 calories a day to maintain, set your baseline at 1500 calories and eat only half of your exercise. Say you walked for 60 minutes a day and burned 1000 calories, only log 30 minutes (which will add 500 calories to your baseline). In this example, your total calorie deficit would be 1500 from food + 500 from exercise. A total of 2000 calories a day which translates to roughly 4 pounds a week while eating 2000 calories of filling food so you won't be miserable.

Pick up incline walking. With your weight, you will be able to burn amazing amounts of calories just by slow-walking a high incline on the treadmill. Listen to some music or audiobook, or even watch your favorite shows while on the treadmill. Slow walking does not need much focus. For a 300 lb person, 30 minutes of walking a 15 incline at just 2 mph burns at least 400 calories NET. If you walk at 2.5 mph, that's 1000 NET calories an hour.

Here is a calorie calculator you could use for incline walking. Make sure to have "NET" selected, not "GROSS". Grade, is the incline grade.

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/WalkRunMETs.html

Incline walking can be fairly hard at first, so you need to cut it into time chunks 10-20 minutes each until you are able to walk the whole hour.

Add in some resistance training to make the overall shape of your body nicer by the time the wedding
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Yet you have 88 pounds to lose on your ticker. Did it all come back on when you started to eat normal food by any chance?
  • lisanangel
    lisanangel Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi !!! Feel free to add m !!! GNC lean shake and their ultra mega active women vitamins.