Any Toronto-area Peeps out there?

bonsweetcandie
bonsweetcandie Posts: 17
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
Hey! So i was wondering if there were anyone out there from the GTA? Mostly because today I signed up to do my first 5K on March 13th and my First 10K on May 14th. The 10K is part of the Mississauga Marathon.

Anyone else running these? or running any other GTA races?

Replies

• scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    I'm in downtown Toronto. No marathon or races on the horizon though!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    I live in Brampton and work in Downtown Toronto!

I'm not a runner though....I take Fuzion classes twice a week! http://fuzionworkout.com/
  • I'm not in the GTA yet but am planning to move from LA this summer. I don't run either - I don't do any endurance training. In fact I hardly exercise at all. I'm good with the food plan, tho. I love the food in Toronto - you guys have the best butter and seem to put in on everything! Here in LA it's easy to eat light - except for the downright lies, it's great eats.
  • mirahonthawall
    mirahonthawall Posts: 236 Member
    hey!

i'm from toronto, but currently living in hamilton.
    as of right now, i plan on running the 5K at the mississauga marathon, and then the 10K at the burlington race.

feel free to add me :)
  • xquiz8
    xquiz8 Posts: 97 Member
    I'm in Durham region and work in North York. I would like to run, but not until later in the year, to give myself a chance to train.
  • craignewell
    craignewell Posts: 4 Member
    Hiya! I'm Craig.

I may do some marathons but I really focus on triathlons.

Do you run with a group?

Cheers,
    Craig
  • Mirah, I added you! Maybe we'll see each other at the Mississauga Marathon? I was thinking of doing that 5K but my goal for 2011 is to run a 10K and 10-miler. The 10-mile I'm looking at is in July in Toronto so I wanted to give myself some time to get up to that point in my training.
    Hey Craig! I wanna try a Tri, but maybe next year. this year is the year I become a runner (officially)! I mostly run on my own and lately it's all been inside because the weather has been so crappy. Hopefully we'll get a melt soon and I can get back out there!
  • mirahonthawall
    where is the one in Toronto?
  • It's the Acura 5K and Ten-Miler. It starts out near the Distillery district downtown and then heads out towards the Beaches. They haven't released the date for this years event but last year it was on July 14ish
  • mirahonthawall
    ooh interesting, i'll keep my eye out for that one!
  • I'm in Toronto.

I have run the 10 miler a few times. It is tough as it is very hot and there is no shade on the spit or anywhere down commissioners!

I will be running Around the Bay 30km and the Good Life Marathon which is the same weekend that Mississauga is.

I have also signed up for some faster stuff, Harry Spring Run off in April in High Park and the Sporting Life 10k which is ALWAYS blazing fast (running down Yonge).
  • xp0sed
    xp0sed Posts: 173 Member
    I'm from Kitchener.

This is something I may look into in the future.
  • I'm in Toronto.

I have run the 10 miler a few times. It is tough as it is very hot and there is no shade on the spit or anywhere down commissioners!

I will be running Around the Bay 30km and the Good Life Marathon which is the same weekend that Mississauga is.

I have also signed up for some faster stuff, Harry Spring Run off in April in High Park and the Sporting Life 10k which is ALWAYS blazing fast (running down Yonge).

30K! Oh wow! I'm still working to that. I'd like to run a marathon one day but considering in September I was told not to run by a physiotherapist, I'm happy with these goals.
    What do you mean by "blazing fast"? Does that just mean that fast people run them or it a most downhill run so it's easier therefore faster?
  • BrandonMB
    BrandonMB Posts: 21 Member
    In Toronto in the beaches here. I am aiming for an 8k for the Harry Rosen run on April 2, the GoodLife Fitness Half Marathon on May 15, and the ScotiaBank Marathon on October 16. I made a bet with my wife on New Years Day that I would lose 35lbs and run a Marathon this year.... and so far this is the longest New Years Resolution that I have ever stuck to! Let me know how your running is going! Feel free to add me.
This discussion has been closed.