Kid friendly Healthy recipes

Options
Daisygurl7
Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
Does anyone have healthy kid friendly recipes they want to share? My boys love brocolli, and spinach and most vegetables.... just looking for some more healthy affordable options! ;) Thanks for any help!

Replies

• MartiWillett
    MartiWillett Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I make a pretty good asapargus pasta...

1 package of whole wheat noodles
    1 lb. of lean beef (97/3)
    1 bunch of sliced asparagus, include tips
    1 bottle of light italian dressing

1. Boil water for noodles and add noodles when water is ready
    2. brown beef adding in whatever spices you like (I use garlic, onion flakes, peprika and chili powder)
    3. add asparagus to browned beef and heat on low with the lids on the pans to steam the veggies for 10-12 min.
    4. Add beef and asparagus mixtures to drained noodles and add about half a bottle of dressing

About 500 cals per serving
  • FitqueenT
    FitqueenT Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Deceptively delicious has great recipe for kids :smile:
  • elloradannon
    Options
    baked sweet potato fries

"fake out" mac and cheese (use pureed roasted butternut squash as a base for the cheese sauce- add a little cheese and milk if you like to make it creamier and top with some panko breadcrumbs- my kids loved it

chunky spaghetti sauce- canned tomatoes (or fresh), LOTS of zuchinni and summer sqush sauteed in olive oil and garlic

My kids love whole steamed artichokes- it's like a game to eat them and dip the leaves
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of letting my toddlers make their own personal pizza tonight with whole wheat flat bread and the regular stuff on top! I figure they can put sauce and cheese and turkey pepperoni to their liking and I can modify mine with just tomato sauce, skimp on the cheese and double the meat:tongue: My husband of course will be loaded with beef.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Though I feel like this is my answer to everything, roasted brussels sprouts. Also, plain baked yams go over fairly well. Slice small zucchini lengthwise, then boil for a few minutes. Brush with a little melted butter, sprinkle with parmesan, and broil.. SO good!
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Sirenism's String Cheese Manicotti

1lb soy crumbles (or lean ground beef/turky)
    1 box whole grain - low carb - manicotti noodles
    14 light string cheese
    1 regular size jar Ragu
    1-2c. light mozzarella shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 375F. If you're not using soy crumbles you'll need to cook your beef/turkey drain and rinse under warm water. Mix in your preferred meat with Ragu and heat until hot. Cook noodles according to package directions. Generally it's a pot of water with a bit of oil/salt and boil till al-dente (8-9 minutes). Gently drain noodles.

In a 8x13 cake pan spread 1c. meat mixture in the bottom of the pan to help prevent sticking and dryness. Place string cheese inside noodle and place in pan. Repeat until done. Spread remaining mixture on top of noodles. Top with shredded cheese and bake for 20-30 minutes or until string cheese is melted.

Veggie Ham Medley

1c. uncooked pasta (I like swirls and bowties)
    1c. fully cooked diced ham
    2TB minced fresh basil
    1.5tsp garlic powder
    2TB butter
    1pkg frozen mixed vegetables (I do broccoli, cauliflower, & carrots)
    1/4c. light sour cream
    1/2c. shredded cheddar cheese

Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile in a large pot over medium heat, cook the ham, basil, and garlic powder in butter for five minutes or until hot. Add vegetables and steam/cook until they are to your preferred bite. Drain pasta and add to the veggie mix. Stir in sour cream and cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese is melted.
  • Daisygurl7
    Daisygurl7 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!! They look YUMMY!