Pre Workout Drink

Options
Hey Guys,

Just out of interest, What is your preferred Pre Workout Drink?

How long before a workout do you usually drink it?

Have you had any bad experiences with other Pre Workout Drinks/Supplements?

Be great to here your views!

My Preworkout at the moment is NO xplode 2.0 but I find it thickens my saliva greatly when i work out.

Replies

• srw48247
    srw48247 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I really like c4 and it never takes more than 15 minutes for it to take effect! The only side effect I've noticed is my skin tingles all over. Weird but they say its normal and it doesn't really bother me that much. I've had my friends try it to see if I was crazy, and all but one experienced the same sensation!
    Sometimes I just take Hydroxycut hardcore elite, if i don't take the pre workout. It delivers rapid energy and helps keep me regular, and I don't always like drinking the pre workouts.. My favorite flavor so far is watermelon, but the blue raspberry is good too! Fruit punch is the epitome of all evil. LOL But I don't like fruit punch anything.
  • Jaafke
    Jaafke Posts: 4
    Options
    I really like c4 and it never takes more than 15 minutes for it to take effect! The only side effect I've noticed is my skin tingles all over. Weird but they say its normal and it doesn't really bother me that much. I've had my friends try it to see if I was crazy, and all but one experienced the same sensation!
    Sometimes I just take Hydroxycut hardcore elite, if i don't take the pre workout. It delivers rapid energy and helps keep me regular, and I don't always like drinking the pre workouts.. My favorite flavor so far is watermelon, but the blue raspberry is good too! Fruit punch is the epitome of all evil. LOL But I don't like fruit punch anything.
    this guy right here gets it!

What i used before)
    Assault (Muclepharm) great pump and focus, really tastes like *kitten*
    Crazy (B&F) great stuff, just add some beta alanine and bcaa and you get a great workout

Currently:
    unstoppable (deticated) great stuff, IF you had others before. really powerfull and great.
    i use it 30 mins before i start to workout, it kicks in within 20 tough!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    coffee
    or caffeine pill 200mg

and this is definitely not my favourite but bought it so I have it anyway. Fruit flavoured beta alinine.
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    BCAA 5 gr, Creatine 5 gr, beta-alanine 6 gr + a strong coffee.

@srw: tingles = beta-alanine. Should reduce as you ge used to the dosage (unless you keep increasing the dosage...:tongue: )
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,663 Member
    Options
    If anything, beta alanine and caffeine for a boost, however if one's nutrition is good, it's not really needed. Most pre workouts are nothing more than hyped up stimulants (mostly caffeine that's overpriced).

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I don't really use them. I just make sure I've had enough water beforehand (depending on how cardio intense the workout for that day is). I might have a coffee if the workout is later in the day and I'm feeling a bit fatigued.

On some days when I do 2 intense workouts I will have an energy bar between workouts (e.g. I have a 45 minute gap between a 30min HIIT workout and a Spinning session on a Saturday). I use the SIS Go bars which help. (I think. I like them so I'm not giving them up yet! :tongue: )