Fast way to shape upper arms?

Options
I am not an exercise person except for walking. I would like to know how to shape up my upper arms (the quick way) using weights. I have 5 lb. weights and want to use them correctly.

Any help/advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thx !

Replies

• maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Fitnessblender.com has a ton of beginner workouts for free a lot use dumbbells or even body weight.
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    you will tone as quickly as your body permits, no faster. OK, the upper arm basically has triceps in the back n biceps in the front.

Pushups are great for triceps and lots of other things. If a pushup from the floor is too difficult, try a modified, inclined pushup from a desk or counter. if that is too hard, start on the wall. Try one. Then 3. Work up to 3 sets of 8

Standing curls are great for biceps. Try to do 3 set of 8 repetitions with the 5 lb weights. If too much, try with a can of food, about 1 lb. If it feels feather light, try curls with a gallon of water,about 8 lbs.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Fast way to shape upper arms?

Surgery.
  • asheichou
    Options
    Lift heavy, basically the heavier you lift the faster the results.

And don't worry it's practically impossible for women to bulk up. Just make sure the weight isn't painfully heavy.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    There is no fast way unless you're optioning surgery. Especially if you're untrained in resistance training, expect at least 3 months to see any significant results.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • whitemoon2
    Options
    WOW! That is some really good info!! I'm going to try some of it!! I really need a lot of toning more than losing weight.
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    BuckwheatsMomma Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will go there! :)
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    Options
    Thanks!!! :)
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    Options
    LOL! That's funny.Not expecting to do it in a flash as I am a very realistic person, just looking for some good ones that will get it done.
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    Options
    That's what I though at least a few months. Thanks for your post :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    Options
    Yes, I have started to carry my heavy bags :) Thx!
  • BuckwheatsMomma
    Options
    Thank you for all the great advice! I will let you know when I see results. Some great folks on this sight :)
  • conure2
    conure2 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bumping...