weightloss urgent help

Options
I am a 18 yr old girl..nd with 5'2 height i weigh 58 kgs...i m highly disheartened nd have lost my confidence..my problem areas are hips and thighs...bcause of this i cant wear shorts nd skirts...i wanna hav cntrl over my body...being an indian i m genetically supposed to be on heavy side..pls help

Replies

• aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    You are in a healthy weight range for your height.

Do you exercise?
  • Meredith_grey
    Options
    Just a bit in scul..m soon starting my cllg..did gym for half mnth but couldnt c
    ontinue
  • fcmonkey50
    Options
    Hi Meredith,

The hips and thighs are the toughest, but you can lose the unwanted weight if you watch your diet closely. Try to avoid any processed foods, this is difficult at first, but gets easier. You are already at a healthy weight for 5'2" so you don't have far to go. The last fat that your body is storing is what you're trying to lose. Counting your calories and exercise should work just fine. In the morning I blend and eat 1/4 2% milk, 4 strawberries, a handful of blueberries, one banana and a raw spinach...tastes good. Aside from that milk, I only drink water and plenty of it. Also egg whites with 1/4 oatmeal. It satisfies for 5 hours. Lunch is a protein (chicken breast, tuna or any meat with low fat) and plenty of greens. If you need a snack, cottage cheese. Avoid any sugar aside from the fructose in fruits...veggies are basically free. Dinner is also high in protein and veggies. I'm 5'8" and with this diet (1,400 for me) I dropped over 40lbs in 3 months...even with the occasional cheat meal (not cheat day). There are a ton of exercise programs, walking and changing your lifestyle to be more active is crucial. I do anaerobic 2 days, then cardio for 1:30 on the third day, resting on the 4th. You may want to include more cardio than me though. Remember too, spot reduction exercises don't work.
    The hardest part can be the self-discipline to stick with it, but if you want it, you will do it. Soon you will see the results, feel better and it will increase your motivation. High protein, low carbs, nil or low sugar from whole foods under a calorie deficit and you will get there.
    Best of luck to you,
    Bill
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hi Meredith,

The hips and thighs are the toughest, but you can lose the unwanted weight if you watch your diet closely. Try to avoid any processed foods, this is difficult at first, but gets easier. You are already at a healthy weight for 5'2" so you don't have far to go. The last fat that your body is storing is what you're trying to lose. Counting your calories and exercise should work just fine. In the morning I blend and eat 1/4 2% milk, 4 strawberries, a handful of blueberries, one banana and a raw spinach...tastes good. Aside from that milk, I only drink water and plenty of it. Also egg whites with 1/4 oatmeal. It satisfies for 5 hours. Lunch is a protein (chicken breast, tuna or any meat with low fat) and plenty of greens. If you need a snack, cottage cheese. Avoid any sugar aside from the fructose in fruits...veggies are basically free. Dinner is also high in protein and veggies. I'm 5'8" and with this diet (1,400 for me) I dropped over 40lbs in 3 months...even with the occasional cheat meal (not cheat day). There are a ton of exercise programs, walking and changing your lifestyle to be more active is crucial. I do anaerobic 2 days, then cardio for 1:30 on the third day, resting on the 4th. You may want to include more cardio than me though. Remember too, spot reduction exercises don't work.
    The hardest part can be the self-discipline to stick with it, but if you want it, you will do it. Soon you will see the results, feel better and it will increase your motivation. High protein, low carbs, nil or low sugar from whole foods under a calorie deficit and you will get there.
    Best of luck to you,
    Bill
    This is just total nonsense. Just ignore it You cannot spot reduce and eliminating things from your diet will achieve one thing. It will make you even more miserable.

As has been said you are already at a good weight. So to get the 'look' you want you would need to look at exercise probably resistance exercise. Pop across to the fitness forum and people will be able to give you sufficient advice. You will also to exercise need to make sure you are eating enough.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi Meredith,

Best of luck to you,
    Bill
    This is just total nonsense. Just ignore it You cannot spot reduce and eliminating things from your diet will achieve one thing. It will make you even more miserable.

As has been said you are already at a good weight. So to get the 'look' you want you would need to look at exercise probably resistance exercise. Pop across to the fitness forum and people will be able to give you sufficient advice. You will also to exercise need to make sure you are eating enough.

^^ This

Do you have access to a gym? If you do the staff there will be able to work out a balanced program for you which will not make you lose weight in your problem areas but can tone them so the apperance is better, whilst also making you healther.

If not look to getting some DVDs 30 day shred is meant to be good and you don't need anything but weights, cans or water bottles can be used to start with. Jogging/running can be done cheaply just some shorts a t-shirt and trainers. :)

Login your details to mfp and set a reasonable goal and only aim to lose 0.5lb a week.
  • Meredith_grey
    Options
    What kind of exercises shuld i try then..i walk a lot and also i am planning to workout 5-6 days a week for 1 hour..what kind of exercises shuld i try..nd the fitness regime..pls help
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    strength training.