Ladies who are 5`3 whats your goal weight

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    My goal right now is 140, but I plan on rethinking that when I get there. The thing is, I haven't been a healthy weight since second grade so I don't really know what a healthy weight for my body is as an adult ...
    you look pretty good too. are you ladies looking to lose for you or to impress someone else?

I'm doing this for me. Trying to do this for someone else will just result in it not lasting.
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    150lbs
  • amandariegel1
    Options
    My goal is 130 but once i get there I will tweak it depending on how I look, Obviously I want my body fat to be in proportion and have lean muscle but I feel like 110 would be too thin unless you have a very petite frame. I think anywhere from120 to 140 is healthy for a woman who is 5'3", depending on her frame.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2, and going for 135.
  • BobbiO57
    BobbiO57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am with you, I am 5'2" and I want to get to 145, that is where I feel the best!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    100. Nice even number.
  • 1LadyKate
    1LadyKate Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Here are some charts that might help you decide:
    http://www.hamiltonhospital.org/healthbeats/hb_bodyweight.html

But to give you an idea,
    I am 5'3.5" (or 63.5") and my wrist circumference is 6" so I am medium build and my healthy weight range is 121-135. My goal weight is 123-125.
  • coachfeliciad
    coachfeliciad Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Is 110 unrealistic for a medium framed 5`3 women.I want to be that weight but I hope I wont look too skinny

Everyone's body is different. What one 5'3 woman looks like at 110 may be different than what you would look like. My mom is 5'3 and she looked super skinny when she was 130 so I can imagine what she would have looked like even 20# lighter. I think around 130-150 is great for a 5'3 woman. I'm 5'1 and my goal is about 110-120. But I have always had great muscle structure because my mom is built strong like this so it's possible I will end up never reaching that weight due to this but the mirror, tape measure and clothes will be what I go by and most important how I feel. Hope this helps.
  • NotJustADieter
    NotJustADieter Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    130 but muscled. If not working on my lifts, I'd aim for 120
  • BaileyCognac95
    BaileyCognac95 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is 115...i have a ways to go though
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and tiny boned. I think I'll go down to around 105 to get rid of my gut and then try my best to pack some muscle onto my old, wrinkled carcass.
  • juditdell
    Options
    I'm 5'3" as well. My goal weight is 145 right now.
    I have a bigger frame, when I was around 140 I wore a size 8 and felt great.
    Will see when we get there if I can lose a few more or not.
  • hoffmanchristina
    hoffmanchristina Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    First, BMI for your height is 104 at the extreme low end of normal. With that being said, 110 is a healthy, realistic goal. But keep in mind that BMI has its flaws. A body builder with solid muscle is considered obese because muscle weighs more than fat. As long as you are with at normal range with a bit of fat, your good.

I'm 5' 4". My goal is 130 +\- a few. I don't want to look sick or anorexic. I am fat but I am also a very strong woman and my ancestry is what my grandma calls hardy peasant stock. My focus isn't necessary a weight goal, but that I want to wear a size 6/8.
  • flissy5
    flissy5 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and am roughly half way to my first aim.

SW - 172
    CW - 157
    GW - 140

140 is in the middle of a normal BMI, so I could aim lower, but I am going for a 30lb drop (2 stone) as my first goal, and then I'll see what I feel like. I am a 34E at the moment, and a 34 inch waist, and ideally I'm aiming for a 31 inch waist and to be a 34D or 34DD.

I'm having a massive plateau at the moment though, a week in Italy eating pizza wasn't a great idea. I'm hoping that in the next 10 days will sort me out.
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
  • ineedalifetbh
    ineedalifetbh Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Currently 123 still feel bulky because of my hips, no proportion to my body at the moment. I think the lowest I'd go is 110 taking into account I do have a small frame.
  • Claairey1992
    Claairey1992 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    My initial aim is 140lbs but will wait & see how I feel once I get there, may want to lose more! 110lbs does seem quite low.
  • Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" medium build and I'm aiming for 115, but with muscle rather than "skinny fat". For a real life comparison check out Jillian Michaels. She is 5'3" and weighs in at 115.
  • tracybilal
    tracybilal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    My first goal is 140. From there i might like to reach 125.
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 5" 2.5" and my goal is 120. I will most likely go down a little further in order to have a cushion. I would not be able to sustain 110 and I would look too thin since I have a medium frame.