More of a Reintroduction

Options
ashlinmarie
ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
Hello everyone! I am a longtime member of MFP, though after moving to Japan in 2012, I had a hard time logging. Now, I have rededicated myself to being healthier. I've been lifting for 6 months and absolutely love it. In the last month and a half, I started logging my food again. It isn't always the healthiest, but I'm working on it and at least now I know how many calories I am eating.

Unfortunately in the process, I've lost a lot of my support and find that my news feed is rather empty I'm looking to meet some new people interested in being friends and actually supporting each other in this journey to better health. I am 25 years old, originally hail from Michigan (have lived all over the Midwest though) and am currently living on the beautiful island of Okinawa. I'm a bit of a nerd, gamer, lifter, cat enthusiast, .and lover of all things peanut butter. I don't buy into fad diets, gimmicks, and after living on a base overseas, have developed an ever growing resentment towards all things shakeology (Seriously, every other wife on this island is selling the stuff). I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!:drinker:

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am a longtime member of MFP, though after moving to Japan in 2012, I had a hard time logging. Now, I have rededicated myself to being healthier. I've been lifting for 6 months and absolutely love it. In the last month and a half, I started logging my food again. It isn't always the healthiest, but I'm working on it and at least now I know how many calories I am eating.

Unfortunately in the process, I've lost a lot of my support and find that my news feed is rather empty I'm looking to meet some new people interested in being friends and actually supporting each other in this journey to better health. I am 25 years old, originally hail from Michigan (have lived all over the Midwest though) and am currently living on the beautiful island of Okinawa. I'm a bit of a nerd, gamer, lifter, cat enthusiast, .and lover of all things peanut butter. I don't buy into fad diets, gimmicks, and after living on a base overseas, have developed an ever growing resentment towards all things shakeology (Seriously, every other wife on this island is selling the stuff). I hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers!:drinker:

Hi :)

I've been a member for quite some time but stopped logging this year for personal reasons. Gained weight back of course :( but I am recommitting too! :drinker: I have cleaned my friend list a lot because I like to comment on a lot of posts and I had too many "friends" so at the end, it felt like a chore to log in... I am now looking for people who will actually interact with me so that we can support each other :wink:

I am 26, French (Paris) and I don't judge what you eat (or don't eat :laugh: ) but I am supportive. I love PB dearly too, and I believe in eating everything in moderation and not taking things out of your diet. I don't buy into fad diets either.

In case it's a deal breaker, I prefer to say it: my food diary is not open. Also, I am vegetarian but I was that way way before starting counting cals (not doing it to lose weight).

So if you want to add me, feel free :flowerforyou:

Good luck to you xx
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Bonjour Ginny! I wish my French wasn't terribly outdated! I took 6 years of it but after a 5 year hiatus and listening to Japanese for the past 18th months, I'm quite limited ;) Will definitely shoot you and add though!
  • curlywurlie
    curlywurlie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same here! Back on and on day 2. I had a few friends on here but over the last 12 months they too have dropped off.

Please feel free to add me
    Jo
    x