SO MAD!!!!!

Options
No matter what I eat I will always maintain a weight of 130-135

So a month and a 1/2 ago I started working out almost every day/other day. and no more soda, fast food, i have been counting calories...

so i finally step on the scale a month and a half later...
EXACT SAME WEIGHT!!!

im honestly pretty much done. im busting my butt and eating boring food, when i could be the SAME weight and drink the soda i love and have mcdonalds and pasta again!!

its just not fair, im putting in too much work for NOTHING.

Replies

• lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    it took me 3 months to lose my first pound
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Have you lost inches by toning up more?
  • shannieboo
    shannieboo Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Dont be upset, sometimes you cant go by what a web site or books tell you what your calorie intake should be. I go to nutrition classes and my calorie intake should be 1400 not 1200 like this web site states so I had to edit my goals to change that calorie intake. I am logging all of my food because I hit a stall and this may sound crazy but if you do not eat enough calories you will not lose, you would think you would but you do not. So I thought I was eating enough but I found out wrong.
  • Jizes318
    Jizes318 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Wow that seems so odd to not lose anything. Maybe try talking to a dietitian or a doctor. Are you drinking enough water? Whats your sodium intake like?
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are supossed to weigh 130 pounds? Even though the scale isn't moving, are your measurements improving? When I lost weight before, I could not get below 127 pounds and still eat. Just wasn't meant to be. But I can be at 130-135 and look fabulous if I am eating well and working out.
  • smccas1
    Options
    Remember that if you are working out consistantly, not just cardio, but lifting some weights to do toning and that type of stuff, you are going to put on muscle weight. So you are going to lose fat weight and replace it with lean muscle weight. So don't be discouraged by your weight. I did insanity for the 60 days and in the end I weighed the same but I was more tone and had more muscle than when I started and I could tell that I lost a lot of the fat that I had. So weight is just a number, look at how your clothes fit and how you see yourself in the mirror. Don't let the scale be the judge!
  • skinnyack
    skinnyack Posts: 683
    Options
    I lost the same 3 lbs again and again the first 3 months. What's your goal? If it's a number on the scale- especially when you already weigh so little- it's gonna be rough. If it's to look better, firmer muscles, etc go get a tape measure and take your measurements every couple weeks. Throw away your scale- it doesn't matter. If it's to be healthy- go get your cholesterol and body fat measured and go off of that. Scales really don't tell us what's going on. also go into forums and search if the scale isn't moving read this- it's a blog with pics off spark people. It'll sink in the point
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    thank you ill check it out
  • tater8589
    tater8589 Posts: 616
    Options
    Keep in mind you could be replacing fat with muscle. I am a believer in things in moderations. I didn't totally give up fast food and sodas, however I have significantly decreased my portions and tend to order better choices off the menu. Choosing a healthier lifestyle now can def help you in the future. Just because your not losing lbs, you are keeping your heart and body healthy for the long run. :)
  • ashleyjea1985
    Options
    i couldnt find tht ,could you send me the link?
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Focus on the fact that you're doing something good for your body. Sometimes it will take a long time before you notice a scale drop. But, if you take care of your body, it will take care of you!
  • CrazyKylie
    Options

im honestly pretty much done. im busting my butt and eating boring food, when i could be the SAME weight and drink the soda i love and have mcdonalds and pasta again!!

its just not fair, im putting in too much work for NOTHING.

Don't give up! Even if you haven't lost weight, you have improved your health. Soda and McDonalds are bad for your organs, even if they don't make you gain weight. I used to be the same way when I was younger- I could eat whatever I wanted, lots of fat, lots of sugar, no vegetables. Well it all caught up with me around 30 years old and I started gaining weight. I've been struggling with the ups and downs ever since, and I never feel good anymore. It seems like I am always sick. So keep up the good work and remember you are staying healthy and you'll be better off in the long run. :smile:
  • odaatsue
    Options
    I can't help but suggest adding some more fresh foods to your meal plan. Visit the produce department and put some of those beautiful colors in your cart. A diet heavy in products that come in packages won't really give your body the nutrients it wants and needs. Try it for a week and see how it feels!

:heart:
  • cynnder
    cynnder Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    did you take any measurements when you started? I would bet that your smaller.. just not in the scale..muscle weighs more than fat.!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Have you had your thyroid tested? I found that I had to balance my hormones, get my cortisol levels balanced, went on a bioidentical thyorid support, and cured my adrenal fatigue, it wasn't until those things were in check that i lost weight.
  • Echoshill
    Echoshill Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    It is probably Adaptive Thermogenesis. Read up on it.