What is the reward to motivate you to reach your goal?

Options
Mine is a tattoo - my first - which does not sound pleasant, since I have a serious fear of needles, but I have other reasons for wanting the tattoo. I tried to get my wife to agree to go skinny dipping but she passed. I know that there are a lot of motivations to start losing weight to get healthy (mine was chest pains before 40). I am curious what people have promised themselves to buy/do when they reach their goals.

I also reward myself for smaller goals of 5 to 10 pounds or an inch loss, with small purchase. So post those too.

I know that the ultimate reward is to scary or intimidate the guys my daughters will eventually date :) once I reach my goal

Replies

• pinkpolkadots25
    pinkpolkadots25 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    A little different, but my reward for maintaining is really nice clothing that I NEVER would have or could have worn when I was obese. I really don't want to mess up because I want to keep wearing cute things!
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    i've been thinking about doing a tattoo myself once i reach my goal weight, a maple leaf specifically but i dont know where to get it

honestly i think reaching that goal will be enough of a reward in itself though
  • tabicatinthehat
    tabicatinthehat Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I have an Amazon wishlist with things I want but don't need at different prices. My goals have a dollar amount. Cha-ching!
  • beautifulmonica
    Options
    Im going to buy spinning stripper pole. It can hold my weight now but I sure cannot. So once im small I will purchase one.
  • rowanstuff
    Options
    The reward for reaching my goal will be...reaching my goal! What more could you ask for? I guess the doctor letting me eat salty food again would also be a nice reward.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    When I got married I got a $500 suit for $50 because of how many tux rentals we had. However, I swiftly outgrew it.
    So I now have an agreement with my wife that if I get back into that suit I can buy myself a new gun.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    When I hit my goal weight, I am buying myself a TomTom Runner Cardio GPS/HRM watch. I started running to lose weight and now I run because I love it, so I figured it was the perfect marriage of the two.
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I actually got my health tattoos before I started the journey--I thought I'd use them as motivation (in my profile)--so I think your reward is a great one.

My reward is I will fit back into my 1940s vintage. I miss it so much :(
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Not ripping my wedding dress when I have to sit down at our reception. It's a ballgown and fitted through the top but right where the belt is at the waist, it is snug. I just have a fear that when I sit it's going to blow out in the back. Everyone who has seen it says it gives me a great waist though...
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    A playstation 4 :). A giant splurge item that I don't need.
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    It's not very healthy, but I have a Payday candy bar waiting for me when I cross the finish line of my marathon this year.
  • gbel1975
    gbel1975 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I bought four or five pairs of pants that are purposely too small. Once I lose 15-20 pounds I'll be able to get into them. I'll also need to get my business suits altered to fit better.

Long term goal (40 pounds) is to get a tattoo.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    the mirror. and impressing my husband
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the goal is the reward
  • tremroy1
    tremroy1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    1. Health

2. I can fit into the expensive leather jacket I bought in Paris in 2012

3. New skinny jeans

4. wireless speaker for my i phone

5. I can run

6. shopping for clothes is much easier and more fun as there is more choice

7.maybe a tatoo

8. the list goes on.....
  • cdoesthehula
    cdoesthehula Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Running into the sea at Dunwich by 9:00 in the morning on July 5th, 2015. I will have been cycling since 9:00 the previous evening.
  • bunnylion
    bunnylion Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have an Amazon wishlist with things I want but don't need at different prices. My goals have a dollar amount. Cha-ching!

How does this work? Sound interesting. How many $$ for what kind of goal?
  • PowerfulHunt
    PowerfulHunt Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The medal (and pride!) that I will receive when I cross the finish line at my first half-marathon in December.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Pencil dresses are my motivation! I am going to buy something super clingy!