Weight Loss Buddies That Are doing Exercising At Home

Options
13»

Replies

• nrobenolt
    nrobenolt Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do my exercise at home, I have never been to a gym, I do mainly walking outside or walking with Leslie Sansone during the winter. I am also limited with a disability so walking is about all I can do but its working. Anyone can feel free to add me I am very active supporter! Only thing I dont do is drama ugh!
  • strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home (when I do). There's no way I could afford a gym. Feel free to add me :)
  • GisellaWinchester
    GisellaWinchester Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a gym membership but I don't go often and when i do go it is in the middle of the night when almost no one is there. i am sky and hate crowds. I prefer to do Zumba on the wii, walk, do videos, or use weights at home. I lost 30 lbs last year but ended up stalling when i stopped trying after a have a few family deaths within a few months. Trying it again if you want to add me you can.
  • erikalynne88
    erikalynne88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do all my workouts at home. I haven't been in a gym since I was 17. I have thought about joining a gym but I haven't got around to it. I do Jillian Michael's 30day shred and her cardio Kickboxing, I alternate the 2 even though the 30 day shred is made for 30 days I feel I would get bored doing the same thing every day for 10 days . So far I'm doing good but I just rejoined MFP last week So I'm starting over again.
  • HSDramamom
    HSDramamom Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started working out in my living room after I had my third baby. Gym memberships are not in budget and I loathe a group setting for working out anyhow. I tried to run outside, but it HURT. and not in a good way. Plus, I found I hated running in public, too. Self esteem, lack of, I suppose, sigh. You know the Elaine dance from Seinfeld? Yeah, that's me, only I'm running.

So, I started with Leslie Sansone walk at home 1 mile on YouTube for free and started doing twice a day before I purchased a few of her DVDs. I was heavy and nursing so running/bouncing all over was just not gonna happen,lol. Ouch.

Leslie's videos are wonderful and completely uncomplicated. I've graduated to 30 day challenge and find that it works the same muscles as 30 day shred, just more gently. (I hurt my knee really bad doing shred and went back to Sansone.) now that I've got some muscles (shocking!) I do hop on an ancient treadmill for some power walks and light jogging sometimes.

add me if you'd like, anyone on this thread really. I admire those who hit the gyms and run marathons and whatnot, but those of us who workout at home for various reasons are every bit an athlete,too. Best, Nicky

Nicky,

Ah, yes...running. I find myself once again tempted to try walking/jogging intervals, but almost everytime I try to jog, all I can think is, "I can't wait until this is over!" :\ I have used some of Leslie's videos, though, honestly, I've never stuck with them consistently. I, too, had some knee pain from trying 30 Day Shred a few years ago for the first time, but having tried it some since, I found it wasn't as bad if I didn't take the lunges as deeply. I don't do that one regularly though. I find it intriguing that you have found Leslie's 30 Day Challenge to work the same muscles, just more gently! That makes me want to try tthat particularly video!

You might find that you like Ellen Barrett's videos too. They are gentle, yet very effective.

Christina
  • LosinMama66
    Options
    I'm doing the "Walk Away the Pounds" by Leslie Sansone at home. It's a great way to get your exercise in a home and the 1-Mile walk takes 25 minutes!

Add me!!!!!