Would anyone be able to give me some advice?

Options
Advice needed!

I have been using MFP since the end of March although there have been a few occasions where I haven't logged in that day until past midnight, so my day count has returned to zero. I cycle to work and back every day, missing maybe 2 days a month. This burns 450-500 calories and I have a HRM which gives me these figures.

I also do Bootcamp sessions an average of 2 or 3 times a week (some weeks are more, some are less, depending on work and travel plans). These sessions average 400 calories, again from my HRM. I do tend to eat some of my exercise calories back but, apart from maybe one day a week, I net under 1200 calories.

Yet the scales are not moving and have indeed just jumped up 3lbs! Now I know that it is all about long term results and that things fluctuate etc etc but I feel that I should have lost more than 4.5lbs in 5 months from the exercise that I am doing and the monitoring of my food intake. And yes, I have a food scale and log everything.

Do you think that I should see my GP to see if there is anything else going on? There are thyroid issues in my family but I don't seem to have any symptoms. My food diary is open and I welcome any advice, harsh or not.

Thank you all.

Replies

• thatjosiegirl
    thatjosiegirl Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Can't see diary, I sent a FR so I can be of more help to you.
  • algwynt
    algwynt Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    why dont you open your diary then are you ashamed of something is there something youve got to hide,come on you know you want to,we wont be to hard on you we,ve all been there you,ll feel better when its done.we are waiting.
  • garzapat1005
    garzapat1005 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello Milla,
    for me personally I think you may not be eating enough it seems as if you are working your tail off and perhaps your body doesn't have enough nutrition that it is holding on to every thing you got. How many calories are you consuming? What are your fitness goals?
  • Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Options
    How long has it been since you last loss weight?

Have you gone over your sodium levels lately?
  • milla1985
    milla1985 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Whoops - thought that my diary was open to all! It is now though....

Now that the weather has cooled down a little bit, I'm going to start back with porridge and fruit for breakfast to see if a breakfast change does anything.

Anything else that you can think of?
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Just quickly flipping through Aug, I see a lot of days with nothing logged past breakfast, some large exercise burns and the days that appear fully logged seem to vaccillate between 1500-2000 or so in food.

So assuming you underestimate intake by 25% or so (the best loggers do) and are averaging 1800 (assuming the unlogged days are more toward 2000), you might be actually eating around 1800/.75=2400. That might be shallow enough of a deficit to lose a pound a month.