I am so tired

Options
I have lost my mojo for 12 week body transformation....I am not naturally an exerciser ...sense of achievement is good but I am constantly tired alot before and after....even when I lost my 25kg early last year..I was tired but determined...medically there is nothing wrong with me...is it just how it is???

Replies

• BadDog3135
    BadDog3135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats on losing 25kg. That is an impressive accomplishment!

It's hard to know what to try without knowing a little more about you and your habits. The thing that immediately comes to mind is how much sleep are you getting, and what do you do for a living? If you are constantly stressed and/or not getting enough sleep, those things can dramatically impact your enthusiasm to work out. Then next thing I wonder about is how long have you been doing 12WBT? After having done several rounds of P90X/INSANITY, I can tell you from experience that even the best programs get old after a while.

At the most basic level, if you are not naturally an exerciser, then it is important to find something active that you actually enjoy doing. If you don't like doing a particular activity, you could have the best results in the world, but the likelihood that you will continue to do it for the laung haul is low. If you find something that you enjoy doing and are getting plenty of rest, absent of any medical condition, you should find that the energy problem is self-correcting.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Do you take rest days?

Are you eating enough to fuel your day? Losing is great but don't create such a deficit that you run your body into the ground.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what that plan is but I agree with the above. Also...

Your body is trying to tell you something.
    Are you eating enough (eating to your goal, eating back exercise calories)?
    Drinking enough water?

Did you regain that 25kg you lost? If so, maybe it's time to consider doing something more slow and gradual rather than following a rigid plan that apparently doesn't suite you.
  • gusnbetsy
    Options
    Hi all
    Thanks for the comments.. i have gained about 5kg since stopping the program.(a year ago). I have a little financial stress in my life shared with my husband ... i have a office job mostly but am out of work at the moment enjoying my 3yo before she starts kindergarden next year.

I have rejoined the program because it has worked for me in the past...it is winter here in Perth Australia so the days are cold and wet with a little sunshine on occasions (not sure if it is weather related).

I have a 3 year old that is full on.. and i am trying to toilet train her at the moment.. i have a doc appointment tomorrow to get a few tests done to check to see if my iron levels are ok...

I try to eat well most of the times there are days when i do eat a bit too much bread (like yesterday).. but i try to avoid that..

my exercise needs probably to be more focused...
  • BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Check your vitamin D too. Low vit D can make you tired too. And thyroid.

Sleep is really important for weight loss so try to get enough - hard with a little one.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    This article might help...
    http://www.jtsstrength.com/articles/2013/09/27/fatigue-explained/

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate, make sure you are getting adequate rest, food, liquids and meeting all your nutritional requirements.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

I try to eat well most of the times there are days when i do eat a bit too much bread (like yesterday).. but i try to avoid that..

This statement rings bells to me. I'm wondering if you're needlessly restricting certain foods like carbs (which are important) or just basically not eating enough. How much are you eating? Anyway I'll give you the basic link that may help

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants?hl=guide+to+sexypants&page=1#posts-18361594