How much or how well???

Options
All right....Ultimately, is it how much you eat or how well you eat?
Let's say I really enjoy my coca cola and I make ''room'' for it in my calories budget, is it bad?
I know sodas are not good and I shouldn't drink it but....
At the end of the day, if I say under my calorie budget, is it okay to indulge every once in a while?

Replies

• yellowsnowdrop
    yellowsnowdrop Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like my chocolate biscuits and as long as I make room for them in my calorie allowance and everything else I eat is relatively good then I'll eat them .I'm sorry but life is just too short to deprive yourself of every single thing you like just because it's not 'clean' I gave up smoking (VERY BAD for me) a year ago and alcohol around 10 months ago except for maybe 1 glass of wine a month, if I want my biscuit then I'll have it.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it's all about how much you eat (calories in vs calories out)

For health, actual food choices can make a difference but what is deemed healthy is pretty subjective. Some will tell you that you have to cut carbs and sugar or only eat raw or paleo or vegan or whatever. I don't see anything wrong with having your soda. I like to be able to have something sweet every day and make it work as well as I can within my calories.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like within your calorie / macro goals.
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    It's just calories in calories out.

You could be eating chocolate cake and coke while being in a caloric deficit and still lose weight.. but there are better foods to eat.
    I too, enjoy my coca cola. I've tried stepping down from it, but I've recently cut out solid foods which I don't deem healthy (I used to eat a lot of white bread etc). So now I'm eating more lean meats and simple carbohydrates.

It's fine to indulge every once in a while, usually, if I have left over calories from the day before I sometimes have a small 'cheat treat'.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like to make room for something that I truly enjoy. That doesn't mean just drink coke all day everyday, but fitting in something within a generally healthy diet is fine.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    So long as it does not interfere with otherwise getting good and proper nutrition and doesn't cause you to go over on calories, it doesn't matter...why would it? Your weight is about energy (calorie) balance. One can eat nutrient dense "healthy" foods and still over consume...and guess what....they would gain weight. Weight control is about energy balance. The other stuff is about nutrition.
  • BadDog3135
    BadDog3135 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    For weight loss, it's all about how much you eat (calories in vs calories out)

For health, actual food choices can make a difference but what is deemed healthy is pretty subjective. Some will tell you that you have to cut carbs and sugar or only eat raw or paleo or vegan or whatever. I don't see anything wrong with having your soda. I like to be able to have something sweet every day and make it work as well as I can within my calories.

Couldn't have said it any better myself. If you're constantly under your calorie goal and seeing progress, then there is nothing wrong with adding in a Coke or something else "bad" for you, as long as you're making room for it in your calorie allowance. It is only if you have either A) stopped making progress or B) hit your goal but want to fine-tune that I would look at cutting out the soft drinks.

Until then, enjoy your Coke! :happy:
  • nancy1983
    nancy1983 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys!:happy: