DIY Weight Loss spa week?

Options
2»

Replies

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I think that it sounds a great idea, and a lovely way to spend time with your mum. I can see how it'd get the weight loss off to a good start.
  • RunninGran
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I have actually thought of it myself and talked about doing it with a few friends but it never panned out probably due to each of us having obligations and just never being able to all of our ducks in a row and get away at the same time :cry: The plan was to get a cabin at a national park no tvs no distractions and have some fun girl time while making it healthy as opposed to a fun girls weekend of eating out and consuming wine. Again the idea was to pamper ourselves and enjoy each other’s company in a healthy way as oppose to the more common unhealthy way. We were going to jump start with a DVD exercise program or c25k program that we could do together combined with some hiking and relaxing around a nice fire in the evening. We were all going to gather up a few new healthy recipes to take with us and try out while we were there.

Nevermind these guys.... Men never get why we go to the restroom in groups either. It is a girl thang :wink:

P.S. Just in case this never pans out for you either. We ended up signing up for a 5k fun run. I think the idea is that you have a deadline or a big kick off event to look forward to and to help get you motivated. Let’s face it exercising is fun and invigorating when you are in shape and are used to doing it. It is a de-stressor and it increases your energy level but making a change or STARTING an exercise program is not fun it is work and sometimes you can use a little something something to jumpstart you and get you out of your rut of bad habits. Everything is more fun with a friend... That’s why we all joined MFP, right?
  • MustangSallyVA
    MustangSallyVA Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies for the ideas and encouragement! I'll let you know how it goes.
    THANKS!