SBF...August 25

Good morning ladies!
I didn't do well at all yesterday, but today is starting a new week...I hope. I have been off wheat the last two days (unless it was hidden in something I ate. I am more picky about keeping my son off any wheat than I am for myself), so at least I have managed that!
Today I have a lot on my plate that I want to accomplish. It's a lot for me NOW. In February this would have been about what I was doing anyway.
Today's goals;
No wheat
Drink all my water
Push ups (redoing week 3 so I can dig a little deeper)
30 Day shred level 1
45-60 minutes of taebo
get one room cleaned up in my house (like really clean)
Taebo I think will be the hard part since the Shred wears me out. Everything else is a have to, so it will get done.
Happy exercising ladies!
Mel

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Good morning ladies!
    I didn't do well at all yesterday, but today is starting a new week...I hope. I have been off wheat the last two days (unless it was hidden in something I ate. I am more picky about keeping my son off any wheat than I am for myself), so at least I have managed that!
    Today I have a lot on my plate that I want to accomplish. It's a lot for me NOW. In February this would have been about what I was doing anyway.
    Today's goals;
    No wheat
    Drink all my water
    Push ups (redoing week 3 so I can dig a little deeper)
    30 Day shred level 1
    45-60 minutes of taebo
    get one room cleaned up in my house (like really clean)
    Taebo I think will be the hard part since the Shred wears me out. Everything else is a have to, so it will get done.
    Happy exercising ladies!
    Mel
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Okay, I'll bite-- what does SBF mean? I'm guessing it isn't "single black female?" :wink:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Stronger, Better, Faster :tongue:

Yesterday I went for a hike and burned 380cals. I was so close to 400 that I went for a jog to get the extra 20cals which was nothing. It also was my kids bday party. Although I didnt pig out. I did go over my cals a but im sure. But thats alright.

Right now im craving a poutine!! I want one so bad! But cant have it! Have a good day all.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good morning!!! :yawn:

I fell completely off the wagon over the weekend, but I'm back. Tonight I'll be doing P90x Plyometrics...whoohoo!!! Then I need to sit down and plan out my meals for the rest of the week so I can get back on top of my nutrition. I'm coming back strong!! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Right now im craving a poutine!! I want one so bad! But cant have it! Have a good day all.

oh no. . .you didn't just say that. want. But I won't have it either. . . (the Americans are so confused right now. . .) (Poutine is essentially french fries with gravy and cheese curds. . .evil goodness).

Anyways, today my goals are
    water, vits, bikram and sending a draft to my comps committee (don't want to. . .as it acknowledges the semester is actually starting in a week or so. blurgh.) The odd thing is, I've had the damn thing done for like two weeks, but haven't had the nerve to take the scrutiny. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Yep, the Americans are now completely grossed out - and I come from the land where CFS is on almost every menu (chicken fried steak) - I think it was the word cheese curds.

So yesterday I went for a bike ride and walked on the treadmill. Today is strength & yoga class and walking.

I just signed up for a yoga weekend workshop in November. I need to read up on my sanskrit so I can follow the class :blushing: I'm also a little nervous as this is my first intermediate/advanced class - taught by a very well known yogi. I will also have to practice 3x a week until then - so another goal. My teacher just got back from another workshop where you did a 15 minute headstand! So, thus, my nervousness, she's the one that told me to go for the intermediate though.

Happy workouts!
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Haha - I'm in Western NY so I know about poutine... we don't have it here, but my husband always has to stop and get some when we go to Canada. Fortunately, I'm a vegetarian - so no cravings there for me! :happy:

So I didn't have a great day yesterday. Nothing horrible, but I had a couple little 'splurge' moments (a handful of chocolate chips - WTF?!?). I know the reason was twofold - being bummed/concerned about my foot, but mostly not getting any work done on my master's capstone. I have been totally slacking on that for the last week. Sometimes I think I'm afraid to succeed. :ohwell:

Today I am still going to take it easy on the foot, but I will go to gym anyway - even if I can't do aerobics class, I should at least be able to hop on a bike for a while. And more pushups tonight - I'm going to try and move on to week 2 and see how I do.

I am going to be asking you guys for yoga advice in a couple of months after I have lost a few more pounds - I really think it would be a good thing for me (I have a tendency to get tight/stiff) but don't feel like I have the time right now. I doubt I could do a 15 second handstand at this point!
  • mechanicmom
    I was going to google poutine, so thanks for clearing that up for me. I think I will pass on that. However, a chicken fried steak sounds pretty good (I honestly have not had one in YEARS!). The chocolate chips would satisfy my craving right now though. :laugh:
    Okay must stop thinking about food and get on to those dreaded push ups. Yes, dreaded. I don't want to do them. The longer I sit down and read posts the less I want to do of anything! So BYE!
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Mornin all. Didn't do much yesterday except swim for a bit. We've had so much rain and the nights are already getting chilly. It's going to be time to close the pool soon so I sucked it up and swam for a bit with my son & grandson.

This morning I did Turbo Jam and then some yard work. Kindergarten starts next week so I'm off to buy school clothes. The nice thing about buying for little ones is that YOU choose what to buy(except for the $50 Skechers that he HAD to have). It was always a hassle with my grown kids cause they are wayyy too picky.

Everyone have a nice afternoon
  • garraud
    garraud Posts: 3
    PLEASE DON'T ASSUME WE ARE ALL LADIES. OK?
  • mechanicmom
    I'm sorry. I did not know that any gentlemen had joined the challenge. Welcome!
  • Carrie6o6
    POUTINE!! yes!! Fries smothered in GRAVY AND CHEESE CURDS!! mmmmmmmmm I have no idea what chicken fried steak is though... that kinda sounds weird... Chicken and steak?? You weird americans :tongue:
  • JulieB21
    You can change your "sex" by going to "My Home" "Profile" "Edit Profile" "Settings" and "Update diet/fitness profile".
  • JulieB21
    I'm sorry. I did not know that any gentlemen had joined the challenge. Welcome!
    I never noticed either.......:wink:
  • RachVR6
    My bf misses all the candies he had in Canada as a kid, like Smarties (which are completely different in the US), Aero bars, Big Turks, and Kinder Eggs.

We actually ordered a box of Big Turks a couple months back...there's nothing comparable to that in the US! Loved them though. He also just tried to order some Kinder Eggs, but they won't ship until the fall when they won't melt.
  • Carrie6o6
    My kids LOVE kinder eggs! They get them when we go into town. they are yummy! Big turks I dont care for. Aeros are good. How are smarties different?
  • RachVR6
    US smarties are just like compressed sugary powder like Pez or pixie stick kinda taste. Canadian smarties are candy coated chocolate kinda like M&Ms.
  • RachVR6
    Canadian and US

100525941_ddd093ea08.jpg?v=0
  • Carrie6o6
    ew rockets! thats what those are here! gross! i hate them
  • RachVR6
    :laugh: Yea they aren't the greatest things!

Well I'm setting up my HRM and then I'm off to test it out!