Scale isn't moving

Options
So, I'm in training for a 10K. YICKS! Although it is giving me motivation for actually sticking with an exercise routine and being active. I'm running/walking 4-5 times a week, at least 3 miles each time if not more. I take a pre-work drink and protein shake afterwards. Although I need to work on my stretching and endurance. Everything else is going great.
Here is the problem...I watch what I eat. I cut out the sweets, water intake is up, cutting back on pop, smaller portions, etc...But the scale isn't moving. Even after 3 weeks of pushing myself and keeping track. I am still at the same weight from a month, two months, and six months ago.
Any ideas of what I need to be doing differently or what my problem is?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Are you actually logging your food--measuring, counting calories, etc.?
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    We can't really help you if your diary isn't open. If you aren't losing weight, you're eating too much. If you don't have a food scale, get one. Make sure you're logging accurately. There are a lot of user-submitted foods in the MFP database that aren't accurate. Take pictures of yourself and measurements. It could be possible that you're building muscle but decreasing fat. Pictures/measurements will show what the scale doesn't.