Feeling hungry late at night/early morning

Options
I stay up really late to get in all the studying and revision and always feel really hungry around 1-2 am. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to curb this hunger? I know I'm not supposed to eat past 7 pm. Does this happen to anyone else too?

also I saw this guy at the gym with pecs bigger than my boobs :noway: :sad:

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    There's no magical intake cut off. Eat when you're hungry and stay within your calorie allotment. I eat like 1k worth of calories at 10pm on
  • alyssamaryw
    Options
    You can ABSOLUTELY eat after 7pm! Who told you that wasn't a good idea?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You can eat after 7. That's an old dieting myth. Just make sure your calories/macros are in line and don't sweat the timing.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I stay up really late to get in all the studying and revision and always feel really hungry around 1-2 am. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to curb this hunger? I know I'm not supposed to eat past 7 pm. Does this happen to anyone else too?

What does that have to do with anything?
  • Mohana94
    Mohana94 Posts: 54
    Options

nothing. just sad about it
  • Mohana94
    Options

I have seen many people say it's not good for weight loss including my doctor and my parents...
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

I have seen many people say it's not good for weight loss including my doctor and my parents...

Absolute myth. Calories in vs out for weight loss. Macro balance for body comp. I lost 53 lbs eating most of my calories after 7 pm.

What's it supposed to do? Turn me into a gremlin? I'm still waiting D:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Then start getting you some bench press. Problem solved.
  • Mohana94
    Options

Absolute myth. Calories in vs out for weight loss. Macro balance for body comp. I lost 53 lbs eating most of my calories after 7 pm.

What's it supposed to do? Turn me into a gremlin? I'm still waiting D:

ooh. lol. I guess Ill just eat when I'm hungry. better than going to bed super hungry and waking up hungry. wish people would stop perpetuating these myths :mad: thanks!
  • Mohana94
    Options

UM does that really help increase boob size? I thought THAT was a myth
  • crescentgaia
    crescentgaia Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Fellow night owl here. I agree with the others - eat when you want, make sure it fits your counts for the day. I usually have a snack around 11 but have known to have that same snack around 1 or 2. Also, make sure you're drinking a good amount of water too.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

Well, while you can't increase boobs size per say, as boobs are fat. Working the pic muscle can give them a bit perkier of an appearance. I'm currently bulking (which is where you can increase slightly in muscle mass) and I've definitely noticed my boobs not as droopy. It's the best I can hope for going from a C to a barely B xD
  • Mohana94
    Options
    Fellow night owl here. I agree with the others - eat when you want, make sure it fits your counts for the day. I usually have a snack around 11 but have known to have that same snack around 1 or 2. Also, make sure you're drinking a good amount of water too.

thanks! congrats on the 32lbs lost by the way. hope I can reach that too!
  • Mohana94
    Options

Well, while you can't increase boobs size per say, as boobs are fat. Working the pic muscle can give them a bit perkier of an appearance. I'm currently bulking (which is where you can increase slightly in muscle mass) and I've definitely noticed my boobs not as droopy. It's the best I can hope for going from a C to a barely B xD

ooh. sadly, I am only an A cup. there is nothing to droop.. I can honestly shop in the kids section. I'm fat.. with no boobs.. strange right?
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Eating something high in fat or protein can be an option, but to be honest I don't like having protein too late before I sleep, as I find my body needs a lot of water and time to digest protein, and it does not make for a good recipe for sleep. Maybe something high in fibre ? Cup of popcorn/ veggies with a dip perhaps ? I find eating a square of dark chocolate can kill my hunger after a few mins, but that may not work for everyone.
  • AmethystIce
    AmethystIce Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Its true when everyone says eat when you're hungry, obviously your body knows what it needs but in case you're worried about over snacking or eating super late at night try mixing lemon juice and water. I use it to stop bloating but its also been known to take away cravings.
  • sismyn13
    sismyn13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am a night time eater. Even if I eat three meals a day and feel full, if I wake up I eat. And I wake up...a lot! :) So I plan ahead. I have the snacks ready. Bag of pretzels, pickles, slice of cheese with a slice of turkey. If I try to ignore it, I just eat junk food. I can go most of the day without feeling hungry so I save calories during the day for my overnight eating. So far I have lost 48 pounds. It has taken me a year but I am sure I am much older than you so it takes longer. Just plan ahead and you will be fine!
  • Mohana94
    Options
    Eating something high in fat or protein can be an option, but to be honest I don't like having protein too late before I sleep, as I find my body needs a lot of water and time to digest protein, and it does not make for a good recipe for sleep. Maybe something high in fibre ? Cup of popcorn/ veggies with a dip perhaps ? I find eating a square of dark chocolate can kill my hunger after a few mins, but that may not work for everyone.

what about carbs? sometimes I eat a few low fat biscuits to curb the hunger. I might try the dark chocolate. thanks for the suggestion!
  • Mohana94
    Options
    I am a night time eater. Even if I eat three meals a day and feel full, if I wake up I eat. And I wake up...a lot! :) So I plan ahead. I have the snacks ready. Bag of pretzels, pickles, slice of cheese with a slice of turkey. If I try to ignore it, I just eat junk food. I can go most of the day without feeling hungry so I save calories during the day for my overnight eating. So far I have lost 48 pounds. It has taken me a year but I am sure I am much older than you so it takes longer. Just plan ahead and you will be fine!

I am the same way. I don't feel hungry during the day. especially the afternoon. only at night and in the mornings! I should plan ahead as well.
  • Mohana94
    Options
    Its true when everyone says eat when you're hungry, obviously your body knows what it needs but in case you're worried about over snacking or eating super late at night try mixing lemon juice and water. I use it to stop bloating but its also been known to take away cravings.

I have done that before but it doesn't really work for me. It just like dampens the hunger but a while later I still end up feeling really hungry