Looking for other Qsymia users

Options
Hello,

I have been taking Qsymia for the past 4.5 months, and only lost 20 pounds. Now I seem to be stalled....
I have progressed to stage 2 of the dosage, but my doctor wants to hold off before going to the next level.
My biggest complaint, I am getting pretty dang hungry lately, so the appetite suppressent, is not working anymore.
The Soda tasting like crap is working 100% (Thank god) :) ( I prefer water!!!)

I have been travelling this road alone, and I would really like to find others I can talk to.
Maybe even workout with, if in the Central Jersey Area.

Anyway... Glad I found Myfitnesspal... maybe I can finally find a workout partner.

Thanks,
Ethan

Replies

• dan_IRL
    dan_IRL Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I just started Qsymia this week. On day 5. I'm waiting for it to start "curbing my appetite". If anything, it's making me hungrier.
  • nanainkent
    nanainkent Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I am on day 5 of Phnetermine and Topiramate (same as Qsymia) . Soda tastes like crap which is good cause I had a 44 year diet coke addiction I want to break. Been drinking Ice Tea and cannot get enough of it in me to feel like I am not thirsty which is a good thing for my skin. So all in all, can't wait for the scale to move. How fast, slow did it move for anyone else? How important is the exercise? I am up taking care of two young children (one adhd) and a always hungry skinny teenage boy (adhd and asspergers). No meds this summer, what am I crazy, yes. :laugh: Seems I don't have any time to myself anymore.
  • Lisajac28
    Lisajac28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been taking Qsymia for 2-1/2 months now. down 24 lbs. working great so far. Pop tastes horrible. I did get the tingly fingers for a while - not so much now. I am still taking the lowest dose next to the starter. I am not hungry at all. I have been exercising every day. My weight has been coming off fast. But I have had some days where the numbers stayed the same for a few days. My insurance does not cover Qsymia and the $160 bucks is too much for me. But luckily on their website there was a coupon for 1/2 off your first prescription. so I only was going to to try it a month. I worked as hard as I could that month to use them to the advantage. But then as i was ending the first month they extended the coupon for an additional 3 months for 1/2 off so now i am working on those. After that I am going off of them and going to try to maintain.
  • kaixin101
    Options
    I started on Qsymia half a year ago, lost 28 lbs so far. Overall been very pleased with the weight drop. Not much side effect. I have tried so many other things, this one is actually the most effective method I have ever had. I did notice tingling at my fingers a couple of times but was not bothering much. Oh, one thing the Coke I drink tasted weird after taking the medication.
    and save up to $150 by this offer. http://www.manufacturerdrugcoupons.com/qsymia-coupon/
  • mburney8012
    Options
    I took it for a few weeks and had major side effects. I think it could be very dangerous, and there are other all natural options out there. I started all natural products three weeks ago without those crazy side effects. I hate that I wasted the $75 on it. :(
  • lori395
    Options
    I started with Qsymia in October and I dropped 17 lbs. I'm just not hungry. The problem is the cost. I just cannot afford the almost $200.00 per month. So, I have to find another solution. I do not know why this is so darn expensive. I like to stay on it, but cannot. Have no side effects. I go powerwalking 3-times a week and do weights a couple times a week. I watch what I eat and I stopped snacking altogether.
  • areese85
    Options
    I have been on a 12-1600 calorie diet since the second week in January and I lost 10 lbs. I began the Qsymia equivalent on 2/4 (phentermine and the topamax xr separate prescriptions to counter the cost) and since taking it along with diet and light exercise I've lost 7 lbs already! I'm really excited to see how well the remainder of the month goes.
  • happysize79
    happysize79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anyone else still taking it? I am. I started 5 days ago and lost 7 pounds so far. It has been coming off fast. I heard it will normalize as the weeks progress. I'm hoping to be off of it by Christmas time.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Hi. I just started yesterday. My doctor put me on a very low calorie diet for a week, too. It isn't too bad. I did get hungry yesterday. I think I need to buy more veggies to fill me up. I reduced calories before starting and lost 5 lbs . I am hoping it will continue. I had some bad lab results ( high glucose and lipids) which is motivating me to get healthier.