low calorie snack ideas please

Options
Does anyone have some go-to snack ideas for when they are not too hungry, but just want something to munch on? I've had enough microwave popcorn to last me a life time....

Replies

• omgsayalathieo
    Options
    Special K has some really good snack bars.
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    really good whole grain special K crackers. 24 crackers for 120 cals or 17 for 90. I like them with hummus. They come in multigrain and herb flavors. When I want carbs they are great.
  • Kristina954
    Options
    There's a few I like. Baby carrots, grapes. Also i eat pretzel sticks and drink alot of water in between bits. I get full quickly and feel satisfied. Rice Cakes as well.
  • Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I really like Quaker rice cakes. The chocolate ones are great with some fat-free cool whip. Plain they are only 60 calories. Another good option are fruits and veggies. Celery with hummus is good. Those laughing cow wedges with low-carb crackers are also nommy!
  • kamorgozo
    kamorgozo Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I like Annie's Cheddar Bunnies -- they're like Goldfish crackers but they don't have any additives or preservatives. It's 140 calories for 50 of them, but I usually find that 25 crackers are enough to satisfy me. That's been my big favorite lately, but I'm anxious to see what others suggest!
  • emmap29
    Options
    I've been eating Cocoa pops in the evenings yummy!
  • CherylleeH
    Options
    One of my favorites is celery dipped in Hummus or a handful (about a quarter cup) of almonds.
  • nath2011
    Options
    Banana... does the trick for me all the time, it feels me up and it's got something really satisfying about it.... otherwise, sometimes a glass of water and a small walk to take my mind away from eating usually does the trick if i'm not too hungry.
  • melhoffman
    melhoffman Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like animal crackers you can have 16 crackers for only 120 cal and 2 grams of fat.:happy:
  • smurfetts
    Options
    no sugar ice cream 1 small protien bar, string cheese, boild eggs, berries, apple slices whole wheat crackers. raw vegies , pumpkin or sun flower seeds....
  • Huskychemist
    Huskychemist Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Two or three stalks of celery with a tablespoon or two of cream cheese. Under 100 Calories, and definitely filling.
  • zbstngrl
    zbstngrl Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on these

Greek Style Yogurt - Honey or Vanilla from Trader Joe's (it has 13 gr of protein and its sweet enough and only 130-120 calories)
    Crispy Crunchy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Trader Joe's (12 mini cookies is 150 calories) I have them with black tea and it satisfies the sweet tooth cravings
    Frozen Berry Mix from Trader Joe's - 1 cup only 90 calories and I don't add any sugar to it just warm up for few seconds to take freeze off them.
    Roasted Seaweed Snack from Trader Joe's I snack on them when I want something lightly salty and crunchy instead of chips -- one packages only 60 calories

Hope this helps !
  • jabberwockgee
    jabberwockgee Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Banana... does the trick for me all the time, it feels me up and it's got something really satisfying about it.... otherwise, sometimes a glass of water and a small walk to take my mind away from eating usually does the trick if i'm not too hungry.

Bananas feel you up? :o
  • SarahR1984
    Options
    lol to the above post.
  • theTX4
    theTX4 Posts: 25
    Options
    strawberries, cherry tomatoes. Either raw or roasted peanuts.
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My go-to snack is always air-popped popcorn! I'm trying to convince my family to let me take the air popper with me to college (I definitely use it the most!) because it makes a great snack - only 1/4 cup of kernels makes a big bowl of popcorn for only 120 calories (which can definitely be halved for a personal bowl), and from there YOU can control how much (if any) toppings/seasonings you put on it. I just put a bit of salt and pepper on and I'm satisfied for a while!
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    I love Ritz crackers! I don't even have to have a dip or spread if I buy original Ritz. If I buy "reduced fat" or "whole wheat", I add some laughing cow cheese to give some extra flavor.
  • sarah1965
    Options
    Mini Milk Ice cream is 30 calories
    or a pot of Hartley's - Cranberry & Raspberry Low Calorie Jelly - 9 calories
  • kgarvey66
    Options
    try vitamin water 10 cheerios or snyder pound prezels bite size snacks are a no no snappy ice tea no no also and sunkist soda no no!!!!!
  • octobher
    Options
    Gerber fruit puffs. Seriously. You can get apple cinnamon, banana, strawberry (my fav). 66 pieces = 1 serving at 25 cals, 0 fat and 6g carbs. Eat em plain for munchies.

You can also make a nice bowl full of a snacky mix with the puffs, some almond slivers, raisins, 1/2 cup mini marshmallows and 1 T or so of semi sweet chocolate chips.

Also Veggie Straws by Sensible Portions (I get them at SAMS). 38 straws/chips = 130 cal and 7g fat