Running

Options
Hello,
I feel like I'm about to explode with happiness! I have never liked running, I was always the little kid that would cry when I had to run in gym class. I am 185 lbs and 5'2, so I'm still on the heavy side. I have been working on my running and it has been hard. When I started I could not even run a minute. Well I an happy to say that yesterday I ran a solid nonstop half mile! It might not sound like much, but it is a huge accomplishment for me. It has to be one of th e best feelings in the word to do something you didn't think was possible. Now to start working on that mile!

Replies

• ryker789
    ryker789 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep it going. :drinker:
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I was the same way and I'm now training for a half marathon.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    High five!!! It's such an awesome feeling!
  • SKME2013
    SKME2013 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I started the same way as you and now I am running 10k three times a week. For me the first 5k were done with the C25K free app, which is a great way to get you into running!
    Stef.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Slow and steady always does it.
  • Hophead43
    Hophead43 Posts: 1,634 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Your have to start somewhere! I pretty much did the same thing. I had a heart attack a few years ago and have been working my way back to fit!! So far so good. I can now run a 5K in 36 minutes.
  • sebachie
    sebachie Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Best feeling in the world for sure...just keep running!
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! :)

I feel the same way - I'm 5"7 and 210, and I recently ran a mile without stopping at all, and it feels good! I kept having to take breaks every 2-3 minutes, but one day it just clicked. The next day I had to take one break (got cramps in my side), so my next goal is to go a week running it without stopping :)

Keep it up! We can do this!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    As someone who struggles let loves running, I remember those milestones so well...and since I've been off the wagon for a long time, I'm looking forward to experiencing them again lol. Congratulations on seeing and enjoying the benefits of your hard work!!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    That's huge! Congrats and keep it up!