Doing it on a shoe string!! Less than $100 spent so far

Options
Sthere
Sthere Posts: 59 Member
10a2571a262ad33bd5c6c46996de0c0a2ec5.jpg

Ok so I do not have any almost naked pictures of me from before. I regret it now..... and maybe not the most attractive photo of me anyway. I lost 15 pounds using Weight Watchers Feb-May. Then starting running in May, and in June i started using a free ab app and just last week starting lifting, again with a free app!! I plan on joining a challenge group for PUMP in September to continue to tone.

I did it almost free about $100 out of pocket so far!!
And a slightly higher food shopping bill.
Most people like to see improvements on the outside, but the inside my cholesterol has gone down 25 points!!! (Not that I had a problem before my combined is now 150 vs. 177)
BP 90/60 not a vast improvement on that, genetically low bp anyway. Now when docs ask if I am a runner, I can proudly say yes!!! but nothing to do with my bp being so low! lol

So I am 5'4.5" and weigh 126 currently down from 140. My heaviest was in 2002 I weighed 171 lost it all, but it creeped back up on me!

Can't wait to post pics 90 days after PUMP as I contiunue to improve on myself.

Replies

• Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Nice!! What/where do you lift? I'd love to get more into lifting, but with my budget, a gym membership is just not feasible. I currently do strength training with bodyweight and dumbbells, but would like to have a better regimen. The heaviest I lift is squats with my fiancé's 35 lb kettlebell. :glasses:
  • Sthere
    Sthere Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm using the wrong words and I really don't know what I am talking about? hahaha
    You probably now more than me. I have an app on the ipad I do 10 minutes arms, 10 minutes abs, and 10 minutes butt. I only use 5 lb weight (remember I only started last week) Also this is all that I have right now... I am sore, but not overly sore in arms and butt area doing my 10-10-10 plan. These are free apps on the ipad called arm workout, ab workout ans butt workout (Sorry I do not have more of a description) You can use as much or as little weight as you want. I am going to start BB PUMP next month, I believe that barbell is only 35 pounds for that, but I will probably start off doing 10 lbs. I am joining a challenge group through BeachBody if you want to join in, let me know. It starts Sept. 15th! Not cheap, but my friend is a coach and I hear great results with following it 3 days a week for 90 days.
  • Izanami66
    Izanami66 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ah, ok cool. Sounds similar to what I've been doing. I have the Turbo Jam series on DVD, and I really love the Turbo sculpt, I just need to up my game a little and get some heavier dumbbells (5 is the highest I have right now, too). I hear as long as it's heavy for you and what you're doing, it's heavy enough. :flowerforyou: Let me know how PUMP goes for you. You're looking awesome!! :drinker:
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    However you are doing it so long as you are happy and healthly, good for you!! Keep pushing, keep going. Do athletic things that make you happy and you'll stick with it. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!