10 FRESH LIMES

Options
DamePiglet
DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
What shall I do with them?
Suggestions, recipes & photos would be great!

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    put the lime in the coconut....
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Tequila?
  • kenc1971
    kenc1971 Posts: 107 Member
    Options

/Thread.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    In guacamole, in beer bottleneck, with tequila shots, limeade, key lime pie, finally. .. wifh diet coke and rum.:drinker:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I froze a bag full off whloe limes recently and stuck it in the microwave to defost one yesterday. Worked well. Other times previously I juice them and freeze in ice-cube bags.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options

^^This, but I like mine in Coronas :drinker:

Seriously, though, I'd make limeade. And a bunch of cilantro lime rice, and a Nesco full of carnitas served with avocado and lime wedges. And Coronas...FIESTA!!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I like to make limeade or do what the above poster said of diet coke and rum. :bigsmile: But I also like to use it in guac, on chicken and fish, for salsa or pico de gallo, in my water, or just sliced and rolled in some rough sugar and suck on them. YUM.
  • DamePiglet
    Options
    I froze a bag full off whloe limes recently and stuck it in the microwave to defost one yesterday. Worked well. Other times previously I juice them and freeze in ice-cube bags.

Ignorant me! I didn't think about freezing them whole. Thanks a bunch.

I love margaritas & coronas with lime, but the Duke of Piglet doesn't favor either, so I'm on my own with using these bad boys up. I try to limit my adult beverage consumption on "school" nights and 10 limes makes for LOTSA lime wedges.
    It's a problem I'm happy to have! :bigsmile:
  • DamePiglet
    Options

^^This, but I like mine in Coronas :drinker:

Seriously, though, I'd make limeade. And a bunch of cilantro lime rice, and a Nesco full of carnitas served with avocado and lime wedges. And Coronas...FIESTA!!

Cilantro lime rice... I have cilantro in the fridge... Gonna google the recipe
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Idk if u ever made the easy cake covered with lemon glaze?

I see no reason this could not work with limes, bake vanilla cake in 13x9 inch pan. Make lime juice and powdered sugar into a glaze. Poke holes in warm cake with forks or skewers...pour lime glaze on top. Cool.

If I made this I think I'd top it with whip cream and see if some candied lime peel came out tasty for garnish.
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    caipirinhas

eta... also Martha Stewart has a recipe for lime meltaway cookies that are pretty good.
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Having this as I type - Yummy!

The Key Lime Protein Shake is blended with half an avocado, juice of a lime, 2 tsp lime zest, 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, 1 T coconut, a cup of milk, and 1-2 packets of Stevia (optional).
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I squeeze lime juice onto my salads, n a dash of salt. mmmmm lime. :tongue:
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Limeade: sugar, water, and limes.

Also, tequila is a good idea.
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Vodka, Soda, triple sec, and ice!

If you're not a big drinker, definitely guac & the below recipe:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/03/cilantro-lime-shrimp.html
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Tequila?

That would be a lot of shots. She should invite some friends and share some of those limes.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Squeeze the limes in with fajita seasoning and marinate chicken thighs with it. Add a little olive oil too.
  • myrtille87
    myrtille87 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/fiery_red_rice_salad_91889

This salad is delicious and is supposed to use 4 limes. To be honest, I think that's a bit excessive and would probably use 2-3, but it still helps.

You can mix it up and add extra vegetables as well. I added radishes and red pepper last time I made it.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Put the lime in the Coke, you nut.

Man, now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head...
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options