Nice tasting healthy yoghurt

Options
Trying to educate myself and everywhere I look it says natural yoghurt is both filling and excellent for weight loss. I've tried total and a few other brands of natural yoghurt but find the taste horrible. Any suggestions for good brands of yoghurt that are healthy buy tasty?
Thanks in advance

Replies

• nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,567 Member
    Options
    Fage 2% plain. Eat it with a dab of honey, or my favorite, berries!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,717 Member
    Options
    Agreed! It's my favorite, too. But I also use it for savory dips and as sour cream.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    i heartedly second the recommendation for fage2% !!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    i heartedly second the recommendation for fage2% !!

This, I like the banana flavored one. I also like yoplait greek 100 brand
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    plain yogurt can be an acquired taste... if you are used to eating sweetened/with fruit yogurt it can be a bit sour/bitter. Adding fresh fruit and/or honey can be a tasty and filling treat but give yourself time to adjust to it... don't try it once and decide you don't like it. Keep eating it and you will come to enjoy it.
  • oldantired
    oldantired Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used to eat the Fage 2% and thought it tasted just fine. However, after trying the full fat version I am hooked! It's richer and has a more pleasing texture. The trade off in additional calories is worth it.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    Agreed! It's my favorite, too. But I also use it for savory dips and as sour cream.

My too. I make killer tatziki sauce with it that I use as dip for veggies, as a condiment on chicken, etc...
  • nicsflyingcircus
    Options
    I used to eat the Fage 2% and thought it tasted just fine. However, after trying the full fat version I am hooked! It's richer and has a more pleasing texture. The trade off in additional calories is worth it.

I did the same, but from 0% to 2%. I may eventually switch to the full fat, however, I just now got my regular grocery store to stock anything OTHER than the fat free, lol
  • honololo
    honololo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I should explore the plain stuff more often, but my new favorite is Chobani Greek 2% Coconut - it's 150 calories.
  • ILoveGingerNut
    ILoveGingerNut Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I struggle with plain yogurt. Love Fage with honey but it has more sugar than fruit yogurts. If you want to stick to plain yogurt try different brands, consistency and taste do vary a lot. It's all about personal preference.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Fage is the best Greek yogurt! I currently eat the 0%, but I'm considering trying the 2% because I keep reading how much better it is. IMO, no other Greek yogurt comes close.

I like it with a touch of honey (just under a teaspoon for a half serving) and either berries, peaches, or pineapple. If you have frozen fruit, defrost it so you get a little of that extra juice to stir in - so good. I can't finish a full cup, it is so filling!

I don't buy granola because of all the sugar and oil, but sometimes I like to top my yogurt with Kashi Go Lean. It has the crunch and delicate sweetness of granola, with way less fat and calories.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    If it's available in your area, try Noosa. Check the calories, though, they're a bit high because it is full fat. I particularly like the lemon and raspberry flavors. The plain is good to cook with - I just can't eat plain yogurt.
  • allanakern
    allanakern Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I've been having plain greek yogurt - chobani or dannon light and fit... and you'll find it taste bitter so I sweeten it with truvia and it tastes like a treat
  • jeichelb83
    jeichelb83 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I just tried the Dannon Light & Fit Greek Banana Cream flavor and it was pretty damn good. It only was 80 or 100 calories too.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of the plain yogurts unless using it in a recipe. I prefer, as a side to my lunches, the vanilla Chobani. I add my own fruits. Favorite combo- mandarin slices, red and green grapes, and walnuts. MMMMM
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    I use plain 0% (althoguh I've eaten both 2% and full-fat, but during a cut it's easier to choose lower-fat options so I can eat a larger volume of food) greek yogurt and will almost always add fresh fruit to it. This will keep the calorie count lower than buying stuff with fruit in it, and you can customize your flavours this way.

I've used both Astro and Liberte brands, I prefer the latter but the taste isn't that different. Liberte's regular and lactose-free ones taste the same too.

ETA I prefer greek yogurt because it's an easy way to add in some extra protein. 1 serving size (175 grams or about 3/4 measuring cup, which is more than those individual yogurts!) is only ~92 calories, 18g of protein, 0 fat and 5g carbs. Very easy to fit into my day to help me reach my protein needs.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    If it's available in your area, try Noosa. Check the calories, though, they're a bit high because it is full fat. I particularly like the lemon and raspberry flavors. The plain is good to cook with - I just can't eat plain yogurt.

Second the Noosa. Delicious.

I add fresh blueberries, chia seeds and granola to make it more filling and add those pesky nutrients.

I also like flavored greek yogurts. Trader Joes and Chobani are winners for me.
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    It might be available where you live, but if it is, I love Glenisk full fat probiotic and organic yoghurt. A lot of natural full fat yoghurts can taste a little tart I found, but this one just tastes delicious, and I never felt the need to sweeten it with anything, like I have with other plain yoghurts :)
  • Fliporican5
    Fliporican5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options

Second the Noosa. Delicious.

I add fresh blueberries, chia seeds and granola to make it more filling and add those pesky nutrients.

I also like flavored greek yogurts. Trader Joes and Chobani are winners for me.

Noosa Yoghurt lover here too! The strawberry rhubarb is my favorite. I top it with just a little sprinkle of Kind's Oat & Honey Clusters with Toasted Coconut. Yum, tastes heavenly! Depending on my macros for the day, I only eat 4 oz. at a time, since an 8 oz. tub is 280 calories.

I've searched for a long time to find a yogurt that I would enjoy. My second favorite is Chobani's Mango greek yogurt.