My best habit

Options
CKMillson
CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
It is really easy to think of all the things we need to improve when starting out on the weight loss/healthy lifestyle journey. I challenge you to think of something you do that is great and you need to keep on doing. When I started mine was and still is drinking water. I love the stuff. I drink lots of it. I do infuse some with lemon or orange junks for a bit of variety during the day. I don't enjoy pop/soda and other sweet drinks. So what are you doing well! Think positive and it will spread!

Replies

• conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    eating lots of vegatables and NOT eating white flour.
    lost 12 lbs and decreased my blood sugar to 50 points below target goal!!!
  • JeanieBean1074
    Options
    Staying away from fast and fried food!! I do more cooking in the kitchen and less eating out than before I made my big lifestyle change. I feel MUCH better since i've been eating cleaner!
  • njk58
    njk58 Posts: 7
    Options
    This is such a great idea… I love vegetables and I don't drink pop.:smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Parking my car further away so I walk more!
  • JeanieBean1074
    Options
    This is such a great idea… I love vegetables and I don't drink pop.:smile:

THIS!! ^^^^ Awesome!!! I dropped 10 lbs at the beginning of the year when i stopped drinking soda all together! WATER WATER WATER!!!!!!! :D
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Shop in the produce section and skip the bread aisle.
  • Kimmerz020202
    Kimmerz020202 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Logging everything in MFP, even on cheat days, and exercising more has helped me lose 20 lbs. this year. When I want to eat something too high in calories (usually a dessert), most times I can resist it because I know I'll have to log it.
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    only drinking water rather use my calories up on actual food

having free days

prelogging
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I honestly log everything, everyday. Lying to myself is how I got too big and unhealthy. 43 days and 29 lbs gone. I am on my way to a healthy version of me!
  • baldnavywife
    baldnavywife Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    taking the stairs instead of the elevator
  • mariannekehl
    mariannekehl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Logging everything in MFP, even on cheat days, and exercising more has helped me lose 20 lbs. this year. When I want to eat something too high in calories (usually a dessert), most times I can resist it because I know I'll have to log it.

^^^^THIS!!!
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Options
    I've stopped drinking pop and since I was so out of control with chocolate I no longer eat it, because with me it is all or nothing. I stopped saying eating healthy is something I can't afford. I can if I don't eat fast food. A also have started using smaller plates and giving myself time to realize whether or not I want seconds and usually I don't.Thanks for the great challenge we need to put more focus on the positives in our lives.:drinker:
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Moving more.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I think proper rest is very important, so I'd say my habit of getting 8 hours of sleep per night (sometimes more on the weekend). There are many times I'd like to stay up another hour or two but I know my body needs that time to recharge so I can feel my best!
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I take pride that if i want to I can workout in excess. I just love the whole thing. Headphones in jamming. Put the free weights on the bar and start lifting to beat a PR every time.
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Setting enough time aside from a busy work life and family life, to make sure I get LOTS of sleep, and have at least 30 minutes a day of JUST me-time to de-stress and unwind so I am not a victim of emotional eating. :)
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of water and I don't drink soda/juice/alcohol.

I love my fruits and vegs.

:drinker:
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I think proper rest is very important, so I'd say my habit of getting 8 hours of sleep per night (sometimes more on the weekend). There are many times I'd like to stay up another hour or two but I know my body needs that time to recharge so I can feel my best!

This is really sth I need to improve though :grumble: well done :smile:
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Logging what I eat and weighing myself every day is crucial to me. I'm really good at lying to myself otherwise.

I also liked what someone said about taking the stairs. It's my default for sure. The elevator feels like cheating, and it's usually slower anyway!
  • jigsawxyouth
    jigsawxyouth Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Staying away from fast and fried food!! I do more cooking in the kitchen and less eating out than before I made my big lifestyle change. I feel MUCH better since i've been eating cleaner!

not to mention all of the money you save! I was spending 60+ dollars every two weeks on just lunch from the onsite diner at work. And eating fast food when getting home from work too late, it adds up calorie-wise AND financially!
    And you know exactly what's in your food when you make it yourself.