Whats your crunhcy go to snack?

I have recently come to terms with the fact that I love crunchy foods like chips and crackers and pretzels...

So what are some good crunchy foods that aren't terrible for me?

Replies

• megacoco
    megacoco Posts: 32
    Nuts! Even a small amount can be quite filling and they have a good amount of protein and fat. Just had 1oz of almonds as a snack myself.
  • kait_marie24
    kait_marie24 Posts: 99 Member
    hm, what about celery or pop chips?
  • cdl42
    cdl42 Posts: 41
    Radishes! They have many health benefits. They can boost metabolism, help with sore throats, help with constipation, the list goes on and on. I found a great article when I googled what are the health benefits of radishes. Well I can not remember the articles name but I think it was by Organic facts. So if you google the same thing I did you should find that article, which was quite interesting. I know it may not seem like the greatest snack, but I love them and now that I know more about them I love them even more. Also try celery it takes a lot of calories to chew ha ha ha. Good luck hope you find something that works for you.:drinker:
  • KCMission
    KCMission Posts: 43 Member
    mini cucumbers!
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Celery!
  • Ratrap
    Ratrap Posts: 153
    hm, what about celery or pop chips?

What are pop chips?
  • Ratrap
    Celery!

You sound very enthusiastic about celery. Almost convinces me. haha
  • mimmy1091
    mimmy1091 Posts: 4 Member
    Weirdly enough, raw zucchini slices have been my go-to lately. I love crunching on something for a mid-morning snack at work. Salt & pepper chips were my usual habit, but they aren't quite as guilt-free as I'd like. With an enormous surplus of zucchini in my house, I sliced some up and ate that at my desk instead. Surprisingly, I don't miss my chips at all.
  • ClarityPeace
    ClarityPeace Posts: 81 Member
    exotically flavored pickles from the farmer's market & pistachios yumm!
  • mandi_444
    mandi_444 Posts: 156
    pirate's booty!! the best.

and maybe some carrots.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    A crispy apple with crunchy pb...
  • gmoneycole
    gmoneycole Posts: 813 Member
    celery and extra crunchy peanut butter. I also just like munching on broccoli
  • changing4life
    changing4life Posts: 193 Member
    crisp apple (honeycrisp when they are in season)
    carrots
    celery and peanut butter
    nuts
    pickle spears
    tostitos bite size tortilla chips
  • Ratrap
    Weirdly enough, raw zucchini slices have been my go-to lately. I love crunching on something for a mid-morning snack at work. Salt & pepper chips were my usual habit, but they aren't quite as guilt-free as I'd like. With an enormous surplus of zucchini in my house, I sliced some up and ate that at my desk instead. Surprisingly, I don't miss my chips at all.

Hmmm...not so sure about zucchini. But im wiling to try anything once.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    I love to eat the Nature Valley granola bars. Very yummy!! :love:
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Nuts! Even a small amount can be quite filling and they have a good amount of protein and fat. Just had 1oz of almonds as a snack myself.

This. I like shelled peanuts. No added salt or sugar, craving killer, and having to de-shell them prevents a quick pigout.
  • Ratrap
    exotically flavored pickles from the farmer's market & pistachios yumm!

mmmm pistachios. Those are good I hadn't even thought of that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I eat corn chips on a pretty regular basis...I just eat them in appropriate quantities, not the entire bag at once.
  • Ratrap

and maybe some carrots.

Pirate's booty? Im gonna need you to explain that one.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,789 Member
    Celery and radishes and raw cauliflower!

Skinny pop white cheddar popcorn rarely
  • nobel99
    nobel99 Posts: 62 Member

and maybe some carrots.

"Pirate's Booty"????
  • rachelg145
    rachelg145 Posts: 185 Member
    skinny pop - all the way!
  • Ratrap

This. I like shelled peanuts. No added salt or sugar, craving killer, and having to de-shell them prevents a quick pigout.

I do love anything peanut related and the shells would hinder my usual loss of control when they are around. Good thinking
  • Ratrap
    I eat corn chips on a pretty regular basis...I just eat them in appropriate quantities, not the entire bag at once.

I like the way your thinking
  • Ratrap
    Celery and radishes and raw cauliflower!

Skinny pop white cheddar popcorn rarely

That sounds great...but first I need to get myself to like raw veggies...that's the problem
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Quest nutrtion chips.
    120 calories 21g of protein
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Red, Yellow and Orange Bell Peppers.

Never much cared for the green ones.
  • Celery, celery, celery! Also carrots.
    And occasionally i'll make butter free popcorn (if you buy kernels and make it yourself you can control how much butter, salt, etc. which is helpful). It tastes great and it still healthy :)
  • Nikoruo
    Nikoruo Posts: 771 Member
    Oh man, I don't have many healthy crunchy snacks that i like now that i think about it. Pickles with low sodium? uhhhhhhhhhh i don't really like nuts or anything haha.

Mostly it's chips or chocolate covered almonds lately. yum haha
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Pretty much any veggie you like. I like to munch on celery, cucumber, red bell pepper slices (can't stand green, but love red), raw asparagus spears, jicama. Other munchies I like are edamame, nuts and pepita seeds (portion is key!), Crunchmaster multi seed crackers, popcorn, Brad’s Raw Crunchy Kale: Vampire Killer (if I can find it on sale..that stuff is cha ching), Terra's Sweet & Beets chips, chickpeas, dried green peas, roasted okra.