What did you have for dinner last night?

Options
fevre
fevre Posts: 60 Member
Like the subject says - what was your dinner last night? Or two nights ago, or what will it be tonight? If you have the recipe, go ahead and link it or post it! Let's get some meal ideas flowing!

Replies

• pilotgirl2007
    pilotgirl2007 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Lasnight was really simple... quesadilla made with whole wheat tortilla and lowfat cheese topped with mild salsa (the best part of the whole thing was the salsa mmmm)
  • quara
    quara Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Ham and split pea soup! Last night and again tonight. With olive bread and goat cheese on the side!
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    last night I had a 6 inch turkey on italian herb and cheese with no oil no mayo no mustard but I had to have provolone. :p

damn you subway and your high sodium content of goodness!!! :p
  • iluvhealthy
    Options
    chicken liver stew with steamed cabbages and boiled maize meal
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Last night I made my own black beans and brown rice. Added morning star crumbles, carrots, celery and onions but it tasted just like regular red beans and rice. :)

Tonight we're having low fat blueberry muffins, scrambled egg whites and morning star sausage.
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Last night was:

baked chicken breast coated with Hungry Girl recipe for Fee-Fi-Faux-Fry (crumb coating made with Fiber One original)
    a cup of broccoli florets
    2 cups of salad greens with 2 T of Trader Joe's Champagne Pear Gorgonzola salad dressing (the BEST!)

Later, because I needed more calories for the day, I had
    1 60-calorie cappuccino from my Tassimo coffee maker, and
    1 Walker pure butter shortbread cookie

Yum!

For those of you who haven't tried them yet, the refrigerated salad dressings from Trader Joe's are absolutely wonderful. Some are higher / lower in calories than others. I'm just aware of the calorie count and measure out my salad dressing.

I like this thread!

Coni
  • LosingTheInches
    Options
    It sounds extremely unhealthy... but its low cal and delicious. lol i have a sandwich maker/grill thingy so i made two sandwiches. i put butter on one side of four bread slices, and then on the opposite side of two, i put pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese. then put it all together and TA DA home made pizza pockets. just make sure you get the most healthy of these ingredients, i use weight watchers bread and then low fat cheese, normal sauce, and some healthy pepperoni. you can add veggies too! it definately hits the spot when im craving pizza!! the ingredients i use all add up to about 450 calories TOTAL. and its very filling.
  • judoknowme
    judoknowme Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last night was honey teriyaki chicken with jasmine rice and steamed veggies!
  • sarahbear119
    sarahbear119 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I had Red Beans and brown rice, grilled onions and mushrooms, and a glass of milk... yum!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    tonight we're having baked turkey, baked potatoes with fat-free sour cream and mixed greens (mustard & turnip). there's also mac & cheese, but I'm skipping that one. :smile:

btw, I really like this also. I need more meal ideas.
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    My verison of chicken cacciatore! in a pan sprayed with PAM I cooked onions, garlic, red pepper, mushrooms, oregano, & crushed pepper untill soft. I seasoned my chicken with garlic salt and pepper then added them into the pot. I cooked the chicken for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned, then I added spaghetti sauce. You can make your own but I was short on time. I let is simmer for about 30 minutes. Served it over whole wheat pasta. Turned out well!
  • SweatinSammie
    Options
    Tonight is a sweet and savory pasta: wegmans smart plus pasta, no salt added garlic tomatos, raisins, an apple vegetarian sausage grilled and chopped, and a little bit of evoo. The mix of tomatoes, raisins, and sweet sausage is fantassstic.
  • Somenameioi
    Somenameioi Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Black beans and quinoa- it was really good! http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quinoa-and-Black-Beans/Detail.aspx