Need some opinions on my Diary!!

Options
I just made my diary public and Just wanted some opinions to how I am doing! I am definitely aware of the sodium intake will definitely make that a priority not to eat as much :) Let me know what you think!!

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Looks like you're getting a really even spread of the food groups- lots of veggies which is EXCELLENT.

How come you're not eating to your recommended calories (it says you could be eating about 2,000 but most days you hit about 1,200)?
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You don't eat enough.
  • suedalton1
    Options
    They say if you don't consume all of your calories ( including thoes earned from exercise) that your body will move into starvation mode and slow your metabolism and your weight loss. You need to eat more. Maybe a bigger breakfast.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options

Looks like you're getting a really even spread of the food groups- lots of veggies which is EXCELLENT.

How come you're not eating to your recommended calories (it says you could be eating about 2,000 but most days you hit about 1,200)?

I think the exercise that says its an alleged 711 but I don't think that is accurate. I do know I need to eat a bare minimum of 1200 or my body will retain the food. I rarely feel hungry. But I am definitely going to make an effort to eat more calories. The last thing I want to do is not eat enough and hurt myself.
  • messyhare
    messyhare Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It looks great other than I think you need to be eating more. You aren't coming close to your daily allotment.

I would try to add in a bit more food somewhere! Good choices though!
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options

I think the exercise that says its an alleged 711 but I don't think that is accurate. I do know I need to eat a bare minimum of 1200 or my body will retain the food. I rarely feel hungry. But I am definitely going to make an effort to eat more calories. The last thing I want to do is not eat enough and hurt myself.

Guess again. You're a dude. Try more like 1,500 min. Actually, you shouldn't go below the minimum MFP sets for you. Ever.
  • kioga86
    kioga86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm going to pipe up here, and speak from personal experience.

I know that starving yourself is a bad thing, and I know that people are just trying to help you when they warn you about starvation mode, but you are doing just fine!

I'm 5'8, and on any given day I'm eating between 1200-1300 calories. I've been doing this for a little over 100 days now, and I've continually lost every week. I'm down almost 60 pounds now, no plateauing, no being ravenous, no big issue what so ever! So I have no doubts that you eating the calories you're eating will serve you well!

So chin up brother, your self-assessment was dead on. Watch your sodium, keep eating healthy, and get some exercise in.
  • masterofktulu
    masterofktulu Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Alright, I'm going to pipe up here, and speak from personal experience.

I know that starving yourself is a bad thing, and I know that people are just trying to help you when they warn you about starvation mode, but you are doing just fine!

I'm 5'8, and on any given day I'm eating between 1200-1300 calories. I've been doing this for a little over 100 days now, and I've continually lost every week. I'm down almost 60 pounds now, no plateauing, no being ravenous, no big issue what so ever! So I have no doubts that you eating the calories you're eating will serve you well!

So chin up brother, your self-assessment was dead on. Watch your sodium, keep eating healthy, and get some exercise in.

Honestly I do appreciate all of the feedback but I believe you to be dead on. That makes total sense. I am not starving myself at all. I am eating a lot throughout the day and drinking a ton of water. I go to the gym 6 days a week and so far I have seen or felt anything negative physically. I spoke to a few trainers about it and they said this website is fairly accurate and a guide and if I don't eat all of my goal calories that isn't the worst thing unless I am barely eating.