Advice and Constructive Criticism Please

Options
I am listing the what and why of my current fitness routine. I would appreciate any input or suggestions as to what I am doing right and what I maybe need to change. My goals are to get stronger and have more endurance not necessarily weight loss. Although, I have plenty to lose!:wink:
Three days of C25K week 5
Two days of C25K week previous. Strength Training: 2 sets of 12 reps of squats, plie squats, lunges, one arm row, triceps extension, overhead press, biceps curl, shoulder raises, bentover fly, pushups
Saturday is fun day and I usually flip a 200lb tire 40 yards.
I run because I remember how great it felt as a kid, also, my 5 year old asked me to run with her last year and I couldn't. I enjoy it now and love seeing the sunrise every morning.
I strength train because its my fave.
I flip the tire because I have them and while running makes me feel like, 'whew I did that and didn't die!", I can see how much farther I can move the tire each week. I love the feeling of, "See this heavy thing? I can move it from here to there and back again. BY MYSELF! RAWR!"
I plan to keep running and will probably start CXT the first of September. The gym is out for me all fall, although I am considering joining one in December.
Any suggestions? Things I should do but aren't?

Replies

• georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Sounds pretty good. You've got variety and motivation in your routine.
    With your weights routine I would suggest doing combined exercises, instead of each muscle separately. Eg squat with dumbel/barbel and as you move from squat to stand complete a bicep curl, and into an overhead shoulder press; walking lunges; press ups or modified version of (abs+shoulders.)
    This will make your workout more intense and it will save some time.
  • MomforNoah
    Options
    I sent you a FR. I just re-started C25K. I do that five days a week, and I do strength training M, W, F. I think the tire flipping sounds hard ! You're doing great
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    Haha that sounds great to me!
    I agree, you might be able to combine more exercises with weight lifting. But that being said, if it's your favourite and you're actually looking to spend a little more time doing it because of that, then you're probably good! Just remember to keep increasing the weight as you get better so that you can gain more muscle :)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    . Strength Training: 2 sets of 12 reps of squats, plie squats, lunges, one arm row, triceps extension, overhead press, biceps curl, shoulder raises, bentover fly, pushups
    Saturday is fun day and I usually flip a 200lb tire 40 yards.

I'd get a sledghammer and use it on the tire. Videos on it are on Youtube.

I think you'd like battling ropes. :wink:

Side lunges rock.

On weeks that you can't flip tires, i'd do deadlifts.

Oh and i'd replace the 1-arm row with a 2 arm row, since rowing in the real world is usually unsupported.
  • woman_of_steele
    woman_of_steele Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep, sledgehammer is on the list. What are battling ropes? Thanks for the input guys!