FITBIT?? yes or no?

Options
2»

Replies

• andrevonbloedau
    Options
    I had the Fitbit ultra that went into the washer at with my clothes it never came back to life.... I am now using the UP24 and it does have some neat features compared to other. I have had a 16 days streak of 10K+ steps!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    My wife has the Fitbit (which she likes). I waited about six months for her to try it out and then deduced to look into getting one myself. After much hunting I steeled on the Garmin Vivofit. It does everything plus more that the Fitbit does.

1. I like that it has a heart rate monitor which I use daily.
    2. I like that it displays the time and date so that you can use it as a watch.
    3. I like that it displays the total steps (not just 4 blinking lights to show progress as my wife's does)
    4. It ALS shows the steps need to reach goal
    5. I like the activity bar which comes up telling you if you haven't moved in the past hour.
    6. But most of all I love the fact that it has a one year battery and doesn't have to be charged every few days as hers does.

All the other features seem to be the same.

Hope this helps!

How much did the Garmin cost?
  • bandit5125
    bandit5125 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    my mom got me the flex for my birthday. I wear it in my bra during my workouts as it seems to get an accurate count that way. I like it.
  • JDunkley89
    JDunkley89 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I bought the fitbit zip three weeks ago, and I love it. It motivates me to move a lot more. My friends and I compete with each other to get the highest 7 day step count. I've stopped taking the elevator at my apartment building and instead take the stairs (up 5 floors!). If you want it as a motivating tool, and to see how much activity you do on a daily basis, I highly recommend it. Also, if you plan on walking or jogging/running for fitness its great. It isn't so good at tracking other exercise activities though.
  • vlm1110
    vlm1110 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have the FITBIT Force. (Currently not on the market) My fit bit is a great reminder to move more. Often at night, I walking around my apartment complex trying to get my 10,000 steps in daily. The website read out are great.
  • aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love my little green booger.

31la1NcMdjL._SY300_.jpg

It keeps me motivated and gives me that extra little nudge I need. I have no complaints other than its so light that I sometimes forget I wear it and dump it in the hamper sending me into panic mode the next morning.

I am looking to upgrade to the flex next.
  • aproudmom
    aproudmom Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have the green fitbit zip and I love it. During the day I check out what I have done. I didn't want something that just lights ups when I have moved around. Today is my first day trying myfitnesspal. Long time Weight Watcher and no longer motivated.
  • lesliehubble
    Options
    I like the FitBit Zip....it is a synchronized pedometer and activity tracker. It works well with My Fitness Pal. It automatically syncs to my Iphone and computer at home. Battery only has to be replaced every 6 months...no need to charge.
  • julesg100
    julesg100 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit Flex. I feel like it provides good info regarding calorie burns and it motivates me to move more. I just recently got the Aria scale that syncs with it and MFP.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you're into losing weight and you like electronic gadgets, why not?

It's completely unnecessary, of course. But if you want one, the answer has to be Yes. :)
  • PMA140
    PMA140 Posts: 60
    Options
    I had a Fitbit and I LOVED it, but it was the one they recalled. I sent it back and got my refund but I haven't found anything I like as much to replace it with yet.
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm a Fitbit Fan (I've had mine for over four years now) and we are a Fitbit Family (hubs and all five of my boys wear one, also my parents, brothers and their wives, makes for a fun family competition).

It's not a magic bullet, but I love the feedback and the motivation it gives. I've done a blog post about all I love about it ...
    http://jenbsjourney.blogspot.com/2013/08/wondering-about-fitbit.html

...the Fitbit syncs with so many different programs. Like here at MFP, and Trendweight. Reward programs like Achievemint, Pact, Fitstudio, Walgreens, Everymove, Earndit. My Fitbit has more than paid for itself in the rewards I've earned while wearing it :)