SOOOO SICK of chicken!!

lildynarider
lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
Does anyone have any quickish dinner ideas that do not contain the word chicken? If I eat another piece of chicken I might sprout feathers and flog something. Ugh! Turkey is getting in that camp too, but not as bad.

Replies

• healthyfoxx
    healthyfoxx Posts: 104 Member
    Maybe try some vegetarian dinner recipes to shake things up and try something new!

I make these "Sloppy joes" very often: http://www.vegkitchen.com/recipes/pinto-bean-and-quinoa-sloppy-joes-2/

If you don't have quinoa in your pantry, picking up about 1/2 cup of it from a bulk section of a store shouldn't cost much at all. YOu might be able to do it with other grains (like brown rice), but I haven't tried.

Want something exotic? This mango curry is DELICIOUS: http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/mango_chicken_curry/
    It says "chicken" but I use tofu instead all the time!

If all else fails, a delicious veggie stir fry with your choice of protein (tofu, beef, pork, etc) never fails me.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Could eat chicken 7 days a week.

So many ways to use it.
  • BzNova
    BzNova Posts: 66 Member
    i thought this said children at first.....
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I use a lot of 96/4 or 90/10 ground beef in chili, meatballs, burgers or spaghetti sauce. Flat iron steak is inexpensive and makes really good stir fry and fajitas. Sirloin is pretty inexpensive and lean - make a marinade or a spice rub and make a steak on the grill.

Pork tenderloin and loin chops can be cooked a million different ways and are pretty lean.

Try making something with shrimp or scallops.

Try lean Italian turkey sausage with peppers, mushrooms and onions.

I think chicken is OK. We eat it about once or twice a week, but I'm always doing different things with it so I don't have to eat a big, boring slab of grilled/roasted chicken breast.
  • jopalis
    jopalis Posts: 238 Member
    any lean cut meat/protein...we grill a lot. Fish too..... Just prepare in healthy manner and watch your portions. Lean pork chops here tonight... Last night turkey chili...
  • wow! thank you for sharing. I'm going to make this.
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    I hear you. I'm really not a huge chicken fan. I do eat lots of potential chickens though. (Eggs). And fish. And beans. And beef jerky.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I eat a bunch of fish, ground beef or turkey, turkey or chicken sausage, eggs, shrimp, steak... There's also pork but I don't really know how to cook it so I never get any...

You can make chicken a lot of different ways though - grilled, chicken nuggets, in tacos, in salads, chicken cordon bleu, blackened...
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    i thought this said children at first.....

Nah I only eat children like once a week :wink:
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Are you against eating steak or pork? A grilled tenderloin steak or carnitas are coming to mind for me.
  • Grind it up and mix it with veggies or your brown rice. Ground is much more moist than grilled imo. I eat chicken and ground turkey daily, 6 mos and counting.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    omg, we eat so much chicken here :(
    my husband won't eat beef, so its been a chicken house for more than 10 years now.
    but, we also do fish. Salmon, tilapia, catfish all are quick and easy.
    Today I made this... try throwing together some cooked rice and black beans with some lime juice, a teaspoon of olive oil and some chili and cumin. I add red pepper, cilantro and scallions. Pretty fast and delicious.
  • nikkohli
    nikkohli Posts: 311 Member
    Ground turkey tacos! I am not a huge fan of subbing ground turkey for beef, but in chili and tacos you really can't tell much of a difference.
  • YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Tuna
    Beef (few times dont hurt)
    Salmon (Dont have it here but you guys seem to love it)
    Beans of all sorts
    Chickpeas
    Shrimps!
  • LeonXC
    LeonXC Posts: 68
    A chicken milkshake?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Does anyone have any quickish dinner ideas that do not contain the word chicken? If I eat another piece of chicken I might sprout feathers and flog something. Ugh! Turkey is getting in that camp too, but not as bad.

Errr...beef, pork, venison, quail, duck, various vegetables...??? Have you tried allrecipes.com or googling for recipes?
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    There are a lot of good things to do with lean pork cuts like a loin roast or center cut pork chops.

I alternate between poultry, beef, and pork with a few meatless meals thrown in.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    I'm no cook but I've been eating kimchi, ground turkey, and brown rice for dinner for the past...3 days. Besides pork chops last night. I also eat red cabbage every day so I might turn into a cabbage soon.
  • lindsayraehey
    lindsayraehey Posts: 1 Member
    Join Pinterest. There are tons of low calorie recipes.
  • Super lean beef, shrimp, salmon, tilapia, tuna, turkey, vegetarian alternatives.

Try this site: http://allrecipes.com/Recipes/

I haven't used the site myself, but I used to have the app on my phone. Unless they've changed it, you can search by type of meal, main ingredient, and time it takes to make.