My best habit

Options
2»

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Making pop a rare treat rather than a regular thing (same with juice, iced tea etc) and drinking lots of water.

Regular yoga.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Best habits are drinking water, I wasn't always good, it was soda or juice. I am also good about working out. I never skip two days in a row and never skip a Monday, I feel like it starts the week off good.

Diet will always be my problem, I love food....healthy food, not so healthy food. I also love beer :)
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    kacekay above...love your tardis!

I love cooking from my weight watchers and other light cooking cookbooks. I try to always put something interesting on the table.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Mine is definitely exercise. I started swimming last summer and haven't looked back. One thing lead to another and now I'm also lifting weights and if I don't get at least 3 good hours of circuit training in I feel as though I've been cheated somehow. I never knew how much I would love it! At 64 years young it's about time! :laugh:
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    emotional eating. Waiting it out rather than run to food. My car was just hit and it stayed in the garage longer than usual, they had to do other stuff and hubby was waiting on a job offer and I usually run to food but I was aware (which I think is most of the answer) and said No food wont help, do something else, call someone, exercise just don't overeat. You will get thru this without food. It was such a habit for me when I got nervous to go and eat. Now I set boundaries with myself and say NO.
  • chachadeb
    chachadeb Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hitting my 10,000 steps each day on fitbit, logging and measuring food.
  • carolinaem
    carolinaem Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I started running 2 years ago and am training for my 3rd half marathon. I also love taking classes at my gym and dabble in strength training.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Great topic
    I drink more water
    Eat better food
    Exercise more
    Sleep better
    I learn something new every day.
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I used to go exercise because it was something I had to do and I didn't really like it.

Now it's something I absolutely need to do. I am not comfortable unless I exercise. I don't want to go a day without it.

That's my best habit now and I am very proud of myself! :bigsmile:
  • megqbrown
    megqbrown Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great topic! My best habits right now are that I only drink calorie-free beverages (unsweetened iced tea, water), unless its a cheat day, or I've exercised my butt off and can afford the calories in a beer. I also log EVERYTHING, EVERY day so that I can see exactly where I went wrong or can notice trends (like this week is a super processed-food heavy week since I'm house-sitting and not really cooking fresh foods/buying my usual groceries, but going with peanut butter sandwiches and frozen dinners for the most part). I have also found that setting a goal that includes a set workout plan, such as a 10K with an 8 week training plan works really well to keep me focused.
  • CSnook11
    Options
    My best habits would be drinking plenty of water, and eating fresh veggies from the farmers market!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Added lots of color to my diet (fruits & veggies).

Stopped allowing myself to use emotions and feelings as an excuse to make poor food choices.

Stopped looking at is a weight loss effort (been there, done that too many times) and started looking at it as a lifestyle change.

Stopped obsessing about what "I can't" do and focusing more on what "I can" do.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I'm logging everything, cut way back on booze, and am eating loads of healthy salads.

This is such an inspiring thread - thank you!