Can I workout after having skin cyst removed?

Options
Around noon today I had an appointment with a dermatologist and they found a cyst on the back of my shoulder. She removed it after numbing it by shaving it off and put a bandage over it. Am I allowed to continue working out now? She didn't tell me to wait weeks before vigorous exercise, so I'm not sure if since she didn't tell me then it's okay to work out, but I did ask if it will heal overnight and she said no it will not heal over night. It didn't hurt at all so I don't think it was that bad. I had a choice to remove it or not.

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're doing, I would advise waiting at least a week.
  • SweatLikeDog
    SweatLikeDog Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Why don't you simply ask your dermatologist?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Umm are you sure it was a "cyst" OP? It sounds far more like a "skin tag"?

As others have said - just ring your dermatologist and ask....
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I'd give it a few days at least due to sweat...but it absolutely makes sense to check with the dermatologist.
  • shaila0517
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
  • shaila0517
    Options
    I will go ahead and wait just to be safe
  • megqbrown
    megqbrown Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it was a very minor procedure and you were not given any restrictions, so you are likely quite safe to begin your normal workout routine, although I would probably avoid swimming until it is fully healed (7-10 days).
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Just go for it... and if it hurts, stop.
  • petermarch999
    petermarch999 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that the dermatologist knows the answer to this question better. Try to find out from him, it seems to me that it is better to wait a few days and then you can definitely do sports without problems and fears. I remember how last year my dog was removed from a similar problem and forbidden to run and jump from the sofa to the sofa for several days. I had to constantly monitor her to make sure nothing bad happened. I was lucky that I found this useful article on the Internet https://www.skintagsoff.com/cure/dog-skin-tag-removal-methods-_-mistakes-you-must-avoid/ and thanks to this I managed to avoid problems
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I think that the dermatologist knows the answer to this question better. Try to find out from him, it seems to me that it is better to wait a few days and then you can definitely do sports without problems and fears. I remember how last year my dog was removed from a similar problem and forbidden to run and jump from the sofa to the sofa for several days. I had to constantly monitor her to make sure nothing bad happened. I was lucky that I found this useful article on the Internet https://www.skintagsoff.com/cure/dog-skin-tag-removal-methods-_-mistakes-you-must-avoid/ and thanks to this I managed to avoid problems

You responded to a post from 2014.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    Update?