Gym Routines

Options
I was curious what gym routines everyone has since I'll be joining a real gym next month.
5 years of Curves hasn't done much for me but that's neither here or there.

:)

What exercises do you love?
What do you hate but do it b/c you need to?
How many days a week?
How long do you go?
What classes do you love and have hated?

Replies

• khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have a home gym- don't know if that counts! I love the treadmill- I walk very fast as I watch TV, which seems to make the time pass faster. Don't really enjoy the elliptical, but it gets the heart-rate up. I enjoy doing strength exercises with weights or the Bowflex. I also take part in my school's boot-camp twice a week- it's killer, but you feel so good when you're done! Also, if you enjoy dancing, Zumba classes are reallly fun! Good luck!
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I use the cardio machines. Weights are good too.
  • nakitadawn1212
    nakitadawn1212 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    We have a home gym also. I really enjoy changing it up because I get bored. I love to do interval walking and running, elliptical, Jillian's 30 day shred, boxing, stability ball, and have Zumba for wii! Good luck!
  • dubmav
    dubmav Posts: 17
    Options
    I use my "home gym" at least 5 times a week. I love doing free weights which focus on the arms, shoulders, and chest. As for cardio, nice summer jogs while enjoying some tunes!
  • hollyyoung71
    hollyyoung71 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I do at least two days of weight machines and four days of cardio on different types of elliptical machines....
  • christinalynn02
    christinalynn02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go to group fitness classes 4 days a week, they are a great way to get started. They help to push you harder than you would do yourself. So if your gym offers them its a great way to learn new things and meet people.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    i try and do classes at least 3 times a week (spin, step, combat) and when im waiting for a class to start ill often hop on an eliptical or treadmill for 10 mins or so.

I also try to do weights 3 times a week - leg press, hip abductor, lat pull down, seated row and dumb bells - hammer curls, shoulder lifts and tricep kick backs.

Every gym session I also do about 60 to 80 sit ups.
  • bmorebatman
    bmorebatman Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i don't have a gym membership yet so i get exercise dvd's from my library (not all of them are jazzercise! results fitness and 30 day are awesome!) and switch it up about every 2 weeks. and i always do yoga every day. it helps sooo much with the muscle repair and next day aches and pains i find.
    whenever its not icy out i'll go for a bit of a jog/run in the morning. if you have an hour for lunch, take 15 minutes at the end and walk around the building, helps fight the after lunch sleepiness and burns some calories. plus its good to get some sunshine especially in the winter :wink: goes a long way to fighting those winter blues ... and those take me right to the fridge!
  • LaraeTX
    LaraeTX Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I try to go 5-6 times a week. One day I do arms, one day legs, one day abs, and I throw cardio into all the days. I mainly do the treadmill, or run outside. I also do racquetball for cardio (great calorie burn!). My favorite is the leg press and I love working my legs. I don't really have anything that I don't like, unless you count the elliptical, but I usually don't get on it. I have 29 days until I run my first half marathon, I haven't been running as much as I should, but I was lacking in the strength training department, so I've been concentrating on it. Good luck to you.