NSV- Looking at old photos

Options
Today I was transferring photos to my external hard drive and decided to peak in some old pictures I had stored there. I was looking at pictures from 3 years ago and just realizing I weigh less now than I did then. While I did weigh in today and finally hit 20 pounds lost, I realized I am 30 pounds down from my highest weight. What a great feeling and motivation to keep going! I may be losing slow but to be down to a size smaller than I was 3 years ago is an amazing feeling! :) Just want to remind others to not get discouraged and when you hit a plateau just stay consistent and it WILL come off. Slow loss is better than a gain! :)

And obviously looking at my join date it looks like I have been doing this for years but I NEVER stuck with it before for more than a month. I started this journey in mid-April 2014.

Replies

• KaktusJaque
    KaktusJaque Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, keep up the fight!
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I have a silly question. I've seen numerous posts that start "NSV". What does that mean?
  • Jfleisch
    Jfleisch Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    non scale vicotry
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    non scale vicotry

Thank you! I never would have figured that out.
  • cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    great idea!
    i just updated my profile pic on this very thread theme, as it shows a previous me vastly overweight and in the act of overeating.
    wouldnt have the moxy to post it just 2 months ago.
    tx for the motivating idea.
    g luck on your journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!