can anyone recommend a protein powder

Options
I am looking for a low calorie protein powder that I can mix with milk that doesnt cost me a small fortune. I am in the UK and wondered what other MFP users are using? I was using Maxitone definity but its run out now and costs 18 pounds a tub (a bit steep!) any suggestions on an alternative and where i could buy it from?

Replies

• chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I use Designer Whey or EAS mostly, but I am in the US. Don't exactly know what's available to you :)
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    I use 100% why protein by optimum nutrition. It's $46USD and if you get it through amazon, they have a subscription thing you can that will save you additional 15%.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutritions 100% Gold Standard Whey and their Cassein. You get a good quality protein for a reasonable price.

:o]
  • aling01
    Options
  • aling01
    Options
    Yeah and if you want protein and casein together I usually use Optimum Nutrition Nitrocore 24.
  • ahbach2005
    Options
    My wife anuse the eas whey protein in the "sacks" it comes out to less than a us$ per drink. It comes in vanilla and chocolate fudge and mixes with milk.

I can remember exactly but I think its their carb sense drinks. We repackage so I don't have the label bunred into my brain. I'm sure there is some type of bulk place on that side of the pond that could hook you up.

Hope this helps
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    optimum nutrition 100% whey protein in extreme chocolate milk= yummy!

130 cals per scoop with 24 g of protein (low carb).
  • jhann16
    jhann16 Posts: 62
    Options
    I use the Jillian Michaels whey protein powder. It's $10 USD and usually lasts me a month. I use this one because it's the only one I could find that doesn't use artificial sweeteners (i.e. aspartame) -- I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners.
  • inkyPinky
    Options
    I use the one from Holland and Barrett - they very often have it on half price offer!
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am using powerbar protein plus in lion crisp flavour, it has little chunks of toffee and fudge in so feels like a treat whilst still being good. You can get it from here http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=53108 Price is similar to maxitone but is a much bigger pack for the price.

Optimum whey is also available from this site very reasonably http://www.discount-supplements.co.uk/sports-supplements-whey-protein-optimum-health-ultimate-whey-protein-2-25kg I buy my protein bars from here so is a trustworthy site, lots of choice and quick, free delivery. I am going to stick to my powerbar protein shake though, it's more expensive but I like the taste!
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    Jillian Michaels whey protein or body fortress advanced whey protein. That's what I've used.
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    ISOFLEX whey protein powder in peanut butter chocolate flavor is to die for!
  • sd59940
    sd59940 Posts: 27
    Options
    :happy: Optimum!!! Like a few suggested they have delicious flavors. I like the cappuccino mocha on ice!
  • hooah_mj
    hooah_mj Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    ditto the EAS powder, vanilla....mixed with a half cup of yogurt & wow, great replenishment :tongue: & very yummy :tongue:
    So worth the cost....$30 U.S....guess that should be almost 15 lbs by you. Of course, it all depends who you buy it from :flowerforyou:
  • aling01
    Options
    :happy: Optimum!!! Like a few suggested they have delicious flavors. I like the cappuccino mocha on ice!

there's a cappuchino mocha flavor?
  • dubmav
    dubmav Posts: 17
    Options
    BSN Syntha 6 - provides different types of proteins, a little over $20 a tub (look around), and the taste is phenomenal!
  • Fit4Penny
    Fit4Penny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I use Optimum Nutritions 100% Gold Standard Whey in Chocolate Malt flavor...love it and it mixes well with milk or water!
  • sd59940
    sd59940 Posts: 27
    Options
    Yes and no.. I got it switched around it's Mocha Cappuccino and the best! :happy: