VitaMuffins?

Options

Replies

• kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Have never had these but you guys make them sound so delicious, unfortunately it doesn't look like they sell them in Canada :sad: If someone knows where to buy them in Canada I would love to know :happy:

I live in Greater Vancouver, BC and I have found them in the freezer section in Save On Foods, Safeway and at Costco (much cheaper). I haven't tried them yet, but I am planning on buying a box of chocolate ones this weekend to satisfy my sweet tooth. :)

Awesome Thanx, will be heading to Costco this weekend so I will definitely pick up a box and try them out. :bigsmile:
  • fevre
    fevre Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You know what? I'm going to the grocery store right now to look at these. They sound too good!!
  • mommamo5
    Options
    I tried them recently after seeing them raved about on here and I love them. I actually let myself have one each night after dinner as a reward if I have been "good" that day (food wise lol!)
  • hansenh1
    hansenh1 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 100 calorie muffins in the freezer section last night and allowed myself one for dessert. DELICIOUS! Especially if you have a sweet tooth. Pack full of fiber too :)
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Those are so delicious! I put the Deep Chocolate VitaTop in the microwave then add 1 tablespoon peanut butter on top. It's still warm and just chocolately gooey peanut butter goodness.
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Have never had these but you guys make them sound so delicious, unfortunately it doesn't look like they sell them in Canada :sad: If someone knows where to buy them in Canada I would love to know :happy:

Costco sells them (best price there) also can purchase them at Safeway
  • sarahtiano
    sarahtiano Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if they are vegan?
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    They are great! Just had one with a dollop of coolwhip for dessert. I buy mine at Costco (Ontario, Canada)
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i LOVE vitatops :o) they're delicious, low cal, high fiber, & great to grab on the go or if you have a sweet tooth.
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Costco sells them (best price there) also can purchase them at Safeway

Actually found them at Walmart toight, can't wait to try one :bigsmile:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Super glad to hear Costco has them. Anything I will eat a lot of I need to buy there. I did find the Deep Chocolate VitaTops at Harris Teeter this morning, so I've got a box of 4 in the freezer. They didn't have a great selection of flavors (this and a cran bran one, I think). I'll check out Costco next time I go there.

Speaking of Costco, does anyone else have an impossible time trying to avoid the pizza in their food court? Why is it so delicious? We went to Hawaii in 09 and went to Costco's on 2 different islands for like 3 separate dinners. How sad am I?!?
  • Alegria79
    Alegria79 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I live in Winnipeg and just got some from Costco to try. Chocolate!
  • merlainealyssa
    Options
    The Chocolate ones were a godsend.
  • mbakken90
    mbakken90 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if Target or Dominicks/Safeway has carries them?? I want to get some. They sound like a great idea for a sweet tooth cure! I just saw them in Fitness Magazine too! So excited to try them.
  • apetty21
    apetty21 Posts: 137
    Options
    Does anyone know if Target or Dominicks/Safeway has carries them?? I want to get some. They sound like a great idea for a sweet tooth cure! I just saw them in Fitness Magazine too! So excited to try them.

I have seen them in the frozen section at some Targets. I'd def look there! Also, if you have a Kroger nearby you can find them in the organic frozen section.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Those are so delicious! I put the Deep Chocolate VitaTop in the microwave then add 1 tablespoon peanut butter on top. It's still warm and just chocolately gooey peanut butter goodness.

I do this, but use a little fat free cool whip. I'm going to try the peanut butter, though.

I was bummed to find out that they have a lot of sugar in them. On the individually wrapped package, it says "organic cane juice," which I was too naive to realize means "sugar." It says sugar on the box, though.

I figure it's not too bad with them being individually packaged and all.
  • mommamo5
    Options

I do this, but use a little fat free cool whip. I'm going to try the peanut butter, though.

I was bummed to find out that they have a lot of sugar in them. On the individually wrapped package, it says "organic cane juice," which I was too naive to realize means "sugar." It says sugar on the box, though.

I figure it's not too bad with them being individually packaged and all.

They have sugar free chocolate ones that are just as yummy to me!
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options

I didn't see them at my Safeway. I heard somebody else mention they got theirs at Target and they were cheaper. I haven't checked Target yet. Half of me wants to just buy a huge box from the website and call it a day. The chocolate are so delicious! Can't wait to try the other flavors!
  • DawnOf1969
    DawnOf1969 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I recently saw a thread on them and decided to try them because people made them sound so good. Ummmm NO! EWWWW!! Didn't like it at all! I tried the Apple Crumb VitaTop. Total waste of my money.

Maybe I should have tried a Chocolate one

I hated the Apple Crumb Vita Top too. Took one bite and threw it in the trash. I bought the variety pack off Amazon.com. So far I like most of them if I put a dollop of french vanilla cool whip on top. But the Apple Crumb was just nasty.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Didn't read the whole thread so forgive me if I'm repeating anything...

Definitely get signed up for specials through their website and/or like them on FB. Some of the discounts are really good. Otherwise, you end up paying about the same as you do in stores by the time you factor in shipping.

The deep chocolate and peanut butter chip ones are soooooo good. In fact, I had to stop ordering them because I couldn't control myself. They worked great for me when I first started losing weight but as my weight and therefore calorie allowance dropped, I couldn't "afford" the extra treat. These days I just go for a bit of dark chocolate if I need a fix. :)

They are awesome for a packed snack! You have to freeze them to keep them fresh so pop one in your lunchbox and by the time you're ready to eat it, it's all thawed out. They also thaw out very quickly in the microwave.

I wasn't a fan of the apple crumb ones either...the pumpkin ones were ok but I defintely love the chocolate flavors best.