EA Sports Active 30 Day Challenge

Options
I will be halfway through it tomorrow (haven't skipped a day yet and have taken recommended rest days). I like the game because it keeps me motivated to work out. However, the first day, the lunges and squats damn near killed me!:grumble:

Anyone else out there using it, and if you are, when did you start noticing results? Either my mind is playing tricks on me, or my legs and butt are feeling a little tighter already :love:

Replies

• oddyogi
    oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
    Options
    I'm also halfway through the 3-week cardio kickstart. My butt and legs have been sore for almost a week now! I can't even sit on the flat floor without yelping, haha. After this program is over I'm going to do the 9 week program on hard. Friend me if you'd like! :-)
  • oldtyke
    oldtyke Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    When I did my first 30 day challenge I lost 2" off both my hips and waist. Pity I didn't measure my thighs and knees because my legs totally changed shape over the next 2 months. Then I let it slide:frown:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Halfway there- woohoo! When I finish the 30 Day Challenge, I'm going to reward myself by buying the EA Sports Active More Workouts game (it has a 6 week challenge). At first, I didn't think that a game would be able to help me get back into the swing of things, but having positive feedback (even if it is from a virtual trainer) is making me want to keep going with it.
  • Nickiloo
    Nickiloo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Those 1 minutes squats are killer! I do think this games works. We bought the EA Active More Workouts too and love it. The workouts seem more balanced and the new excercises are more fun! Treat yourself, you'll love it! :happy:
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Is this the EA Sports Active 1 or 2. I have 1 but have never used it (requested it for Christmas 2 years ago, GOT it, then never even opened it!). Maybe this weekend?

What's it like?
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Sports Active 2 is the newer version. I have the first one; I want to work my way through it and the More Workouts disc before I go plunking down $99 for the new one. It's a fun workout; be prepared to do tons of lunges and squats.
  • HMKan
    HMKan Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Sports Active 2 is the newer version. I have the first one; I want to work my way through it and the More Workouts disc before I go plunking down $99 for the new one. It's a fun workout; be prepared to do tons of lunges and squats.

I like that plan of going through the first before buying the second. I'm thinking about trying it tonight for my workout, as long as it'll give me enough of a calorie burn. You totally got an exasperated sigh out of me when you warned of the lunges and squats. But...if I hadn't let myself go to this point, I wouldn't need to do as many!
  • GrandmaLinda
    Options
    I am new here and plan to start my new way of eating on Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 and I also just bought the EA sports Active 2 - Personal Trainer.......I only paid $60.00 for mine. Once I start using this, I will comment.