Not new but back to it!

Options
I joined almost a year ago. I lost a total 0f 30 pounds. I did great all summer and then in October I was let go from my part time job. depression number 1. Then 2 weeks later my husband was sent out of town for 2 months for his new job. I was left to care for our two small children (2 and 3) on my own 24/7. Depression number 2. My husband is back but I am still looking for employment.

Prior to my part time job I was a stay at home mom, my husband had a great job and things were great. this was 3 years ago. the the recession hit. we lost all our income and struggled for over a year and a half till my Husband got this new job. Great! It only pays half of what he used to make. So life is still very hard. We struggle with finanaces monthly, we have cut what we could and the stress is mounting.

dispite all this I need to get my *kitten* back in gear. When I was losing and working out I was happy. Even with all the stress of my daily life. I have become despressed and a person I dont even recognize. So here I am, its time to take back the control.

I know what my issues with food are, obviously I eat when depressed. I need you guys to help me . remind to keep going and that this IS about my LIFE!

Replies

• gummi212
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of using quotes as inspiration. I try to keep one in my head or on a post-it note somewhere any time I need a little extra "help." Here are a few that might help you:

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert Schuller

"It ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!"
    - Movie Quote from 'Rocky Balboa'

"The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work." - Harry Golden

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." - Thomas Edison

Good luck and I hope these help!