newbie needing to be accountable to someone besides myself

Options
I need to stay motivated with my diet goals. Exercise seems to come easy I am able to stay committed to the gym but really have a hard time with the diet plan.

Replies

• shanlily
    Options
    I am right there with ya. The gym is no problem its the eating! I'd be happy to keep you motivated on what we should eat instead of what we want to eat.
  • pattybutterflybaby
    Options
    Hello =] I hope you enjoy MFP as much as i do, feel free to add me as friend if you like =]
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    Just commit to writing it down on MFP everyday for 4 weeks. I think you will find you will have no problem holding yourself accountable and will be making different decisions easily once you see a little success (and have people asking you what you're doing because they want the secret too :)).
  • AR89
    AR89 Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm the same as you - I exercise 5 or 6 times a week, which is a lot more than any of my friends. However, I work in a restaurant where there is food everywhere around that we can eat.... The hardest part is knowing that I'm in pretty good shape and that I will maintain my weight whether I eat it or not - it's just that I know it's really bad for me and once I get hungry that basic instinct for food wins over every time!! Add me as a friend if you like and we can battle it out together :)
  • kpr804
    kpr804 Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm also like you-need to be accountable to someone-I have no support from anyone
  • tczaja
    tczaja Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm also like you-need to be accountable to someone-I have no support from anyone

You can find all the support you need here! I feel really encouraged reading the posts and seeing the progress people have made. I am enjoying being accountable for my food intake. That is kind of a new thing for me. I would encourage you to find someone you know who might like the site. My sister and I are doing it together and it is really helpful and motivating! Good luck to you all!!
  • 60HzShuffle
    Options
    I'll be glad to give you guys a good swift kick when you need it along with some gunny-style words of encouragement :) Add me at your own risk of being encouraged to take a trip to mamby-pamby land to get a handful of encouragement, lol