Hello! I'm new and I've got some questions about losing weig

Options
daisy89
daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
My name's Daisy and I live in Texas. I've finally gotten myself motivated enough to start working out again. Luckily enough, I've got a lot of support from friends, and a free gym thanks to my University!

My goal is to weigh 110 again, like I did in high school. =] I'm trying to do it the healthy way, so I can avoid saggy skin. Does anyone have any tips on avoiding that? I'm really afraid that I will. I'm only 21 and have been overweight for 4 years. I'd like to be able to show off my body once this weight is gone, I don't want to keep it hidden under baggy clothes anymore.

Does anyone have any ab workout tips in general?

Thanks guys!

Replies

• ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Daisy-you are pretty young and you haven't been overweight that long. Your skin should recover well without the permanent sag. Losing weight a bit more slowly than you may like will give your skin a chance to "catch up." Crunches, side crunches, reverse crunches are all good. Keep in mind you can't lose weight in one spot. Exercise that works your whole bod and gets the heart going is important!
  • numberscolors
    Options
    you are young, so your skin has a lot of elasticity. most likely, you won't experience any noticeably saggy skin. any slight sagging won't be permanent for you, either. after all your hard work, what's a little extra skin, anyway? :happy:
  • pattybutterflybaby
    Options
    Hi Daisy,
    welcome to MFP! I'm 21 too, and ive been over weight for a few years too. And the odd thing is i would love to get back to 121 and then to 110..so same goal lol Anyways, about the saggy skin, my trainer used to tell me that as long as i exercise both strength and cardio workout stimutanously. It takes time but it will get firmer and more fit. I know I don't help much by answering the question. But Im always around if you ever need a diet buddy =D
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, these were all very helpful answers.

I've been focusing on working out more and eating less.

@ouryear002, I had someone tell me to take it slower that I would like, as well.
    I figure as long as I get there, it will be worth it.

I'm really lucky to have access to my gym center at my University,
    that's where I've been working out.

@Patty, it sounds like a deal! I've been looking for a diet buddy for a while.

My friends are super supportive, but are all fit and healthy. My boyfriend's
    also incredibly fit, so it's a bit hard for them to relate to me. But, I've finally decided
    to join the club!
  • pattybutterflybaby
    Options
    Sorry, but i checked out your profile, so you have around 34 lbs or so to lose to get to 110 and that's incredible. Me, on the other hand, have around 100 lol If you don't mind though, would love to be able to support nevertheless =]
  • tczaja
    tczaja Posts: 12
    Options
    When I was doing yoga 3 times a week, every part of me was toned! Especially my core! It was power yoga and it will kick your butt, but it is fabulous for toning!!!