Eating more to lose weight, testimonials?

Options
Hello!

So just some background info.
I'm trying to lose weight again after gaining all of my 10 kgs back from which I lost last year from low carbing.
Low carb worked great, but I ruined it due to a hospital visit & binge eating. The weight seemed to fall off of me way too easily, and now after low carbing for two months I've only noticed slight differences in my weight, nothing more.

After talking to my PT who requested I eat 1700-1800 calories a day, I'm now starting to wonder if I actually should.
ATM I aim for under 1500, I exercise moderately 3-4 times per week.
20 years old, female, 70 kg 174 cm tall.

Has anyone lost weight from actually increasing their calories?
I find that I'm not always hungry though to eat - I fill up easily, especially from all the water I drink.

Replies

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    You should listen to your doctor. Unfortunately, a lot of what you posted sounds like disordered thinking. Please do some research on eating disorders, the symptoms and the side effects, and talk to your doctor about these thoughts.
  • roeroe5
    roeroe5 Posts: 27
    Options
    Start off at 1700cal and see how it goes, if it works for you great. 1200 -1500cal is still a decent cal load, and within MFP guidelines, guessing you'll be fine on it :wink:
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    Started out at 188lbs, 5'7" eating ~1800. Ate between 1900 and 2200 my first 2 months counting cals, lost 13lbs, or about 1.2lbs a week averaged out. Average cals was 1950 or so, maybe 2000. Eating up to 2100 now, minimum 2000 if I don't feel like eating 2100. Work out 5 hours a week on top of a lazy lifestyle. The highest TDEE estimate (maintenance needs) for me has been closer to 2700 though, so 2100 could still be too low.. I'll be monitoring my weight loss and overall how I feel over the next few months and will increase if needed. Most calculations give me closer to 2500-2600 max.
  • natwallace94
    natwallace94 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm aware of my eating behaviours & do seek help.
    However on my road to recovery I still do feel the need for improvement on my figure. Hence, losing some body fat.
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Try 1700 first...see if that works for you. If not, lower it a little.
  • zoelawliet
    Options
    I don't believe it at all. I've read a few convincing articles on the myth of 'starvation mode' as well and how the term is totally blown out of proportion. I think it just depends on your body, lifestyle and types of foods. Low sodium, fibre rich, etc