Want to loose 2 lbs a week

Options
Hi, I'm new here and this is my first time posting. I just needed to know how I could up my weightloss from 1.3 lbs weekly to 2 lbs weekly? They have me on 1200 calories with a deficit of 640. I'm not sure if I have posted in the right place.. :blushing: .:blushing:

Replies

• elorusso
    Options
    You need a caloric deficit of 7000 calories per week. I recommend an intense work out program and high protein meals (proteins tend to satisfy your appetite more). It is not easy to lose that much once you get closer to your target weight, but if you have lots to lose it is doable. Good luck!
  • sweetnessnc
    sweetnessnc Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: Wow...that's a lot! I guess I will be sticking wth the 1200 cal then. Thank you for your help.:ohwell:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You don't have enough to lose to sustain a 1000 calorie deficit.
  • PatriciaRicotta
    PatriciaRicotta Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was losing muscle be only eating 1200. I only 1200 if I don't workout that day. I eat 1500 last week for the first time I gain muscle lost 3.5 pounds and lost 1.5 percent body fat. I have lost 40 pounds since may 1
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Recommended deficits based on how much you have to lose:

More than 75 lbs: 2 lbs/week
    40-75 lbs: 1.5 lbs/week
    10-40 lbs: 1 lb/week
    Less than 10 lbs: 0.5 lb/week

If you follow this, you should have your MFP set to lose 1lb/week. Slow and steady is the way to go in my opinion :smile:
  • sweetnessnc
    Options
    I started my journey around 2003 at 289.5. I had gotten down to 138...that was short lived. Anyway, I think maybe I have ruined my metabolism due to the constant dieting. Thank GOD for my fitness pal. Now I feel that I have a fighting chance. But you guys are pretty much on point because I have only been able to loose a pound a week. Maybe this is how it should be I guess. I'm going to try to be more patient. Thanks everybody.
  • sweetnessnc
    Options
    40 lbs since May! Now that's what I'm talking about. That's what's up!
  • derik999
    derik999 Posts: 73
    Options
    I started at 264 and am eating 1900-2000 a day. Been having no issue with losing at least 2lbs a week currently. I do bodyweight calisthenics but I haven't done much cardio. Given my activity level I probably could eat back some of the calories burned throughout the day but I feel fine at my current intake so I'm sticking with it.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'd be weary of focussing on the numbers too much. Make sure to measure yourself with a tape, checking the mirror, looking at how your clothes fit and how you feel in general, as well. 1 pound or 0.5 kg per week is theoretical and sometimes it may go up, sometimes down depending on gender (female hormonal cycle), salt intake (water balance/retention), and more. This is just a reminder not to get too attached to a set of numbers on a scale; health and fitness is so much more than that.