Who is ready for Who?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,791 Member
    Options
    My G-G-G-G-G-Generation still listens to the Who.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Aside.. Who (Who else is watching) is correct. It must suck to be grammatically challenged when trying to correct other peoples grammar non-mistakes.

Also, damn straight I am watching!

Who is ready for Whom...I believe that's what the grammar nazi was going for and he would be correct.

Yes, but the show isn't called Dr Whom, is it - so who is ready for (Dr) Who is correct .

OP, no, I don't watch Dr. Who.

By that logic, the title to the post should read: Who is ready for Dr. Who?

However, it does not and as such, grammar nazi is still correct.

Actually, "Who" is a nickname of the show(or rather slang?) so it is a correct title.

Actually, with this being a fitness and calorie tracking website/forum. It's not as if this were a science fiction website or Dr. Who fan website where the use of a nickname would be second nature.

Therefore, the title is misleading and assumptive.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    They're playing the season premiere at several movie theaters near me.

I admit... I'm a little tempted to go.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,039 Member
    Options
    Aside.. Who (Who else is watching) is correct. It must suck to be grammatically challenged when trying to correct other peoples grammar non-mistakes.

Who is ready for Whom...I believe that's what the grammar nazi was going for and he would be correct.

Yes, but the show isn't called Dr Whom, is it - so who is ready for (Dr) Who is correct .

Actually, "Who" is a nickname of the show(or rather slang?) so it is a correct title.

Actually, with this being a fitness and calorie tracking website/forum. It's not as if this were a science fiction website or Dr. Who fan website where the use of a nickname would be second nature.

oh for goodness sake.

The title didnt mislead anyone.

and you do know we are in the chit chat fun and games section?
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options

Now you are just making silly arguments. The point was to use the nickname since if there were Who fans here they would know what it meant.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Fans know what it means. Especially when we are counting down the days to the new season.
  • amzypritchard
    amzypritchard Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My two year old's favorite doctor is the "cool doctor" (Matt Smith) and I am showing him all the clips getting him used to the new doctor.

Although he is my 3rd favorite of the new ones, I enjoy his story arches a bit more, though Tennant's seemed to have a bit more imagination and new creatures to them. Eccelston is probably my favorite though

Someone else who loves Eccleston! I'm super excited for Capaldi, but I'm going to have to get used to him not swearing every other word like he does in The Thick of It:laugh:
  • WombatHat42
    WombatHat42 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    My two year old's favorite doctor is the "cool doctor" (Matt Smith) and I am showing him all the clips getting him used to the new doctor.

Although he is my 3rd favorite of the new ones, I enjoy his story arches a bit more, though Tennant's seemed to have a bit more imagination and new creatures to them. Eccelston is probably my favorite though

Someone else who loves Eccleston! I'm super excited for Capaldi, but I'm going to have to get used to him not swearing every other word like he does in The Thick of It:laugh:

Well he was my first doctor. If he wasnt so great I wouldnt still be watching it. I feel the way he acted the character was perfect given the back story, he showed a lot of hurt/anger from what he did in the Time War. I think all three were perfect for that stage of the doctor. Bc then rose brought some relief from the pain which showed rose helped him. And with all that went wrong for him during that time it showed in matt smith. He acted as a person who was making snide remarks and jokes to cover up the hurt and was trying to ignore it all. Not sure how capaldi will depict it.

I have also read that capaldi has said he is going to portray as a darker doctor. So I feel he will be much like his other roles senza the swear words lol Curious what his catch phrase will be.
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Cindy Lou is my favorite. She's cute as a little ol' button.