Success in losing belly fats after bulking? Anyone?

Options
queenierz
queenierz Posts: 210 Member
Anyone ever has problems losing belly fats, but already skinny? How do you deal with that? I've tried eating less and cardio and they are NOT WORKING. therefore, m planning to bulk up alittle and gain muscles, then cut later. Anyone did this and manage to lose the love handles and belly fats?

Replies

• californiacats
    Options
    It totally depends on how far along you are in your exercise plan.

There are different types of fat: intramuscular, subcutaneous, and visceral.

Intramuscular comes off first if your workout plan is intense enough and your diet is low in sugars.

Subcutaneous comes of next and visceral is the last to go (in my experience). Some people don't have a lot of visceral so their battle is with subcutaneous fat.

You need to do some weight training. It works. I think the reason it works is because it raises your heartrate to extreme levels very quickly. You can do pushups, pullups, or other bodyweight exercises like squats. High intensity cardio also works, even something a bit less than high intensity will work.

What doesn't work is the type of cardio most people do - elliptical for an hour at 0 resistance, jogging with a friend while gossiping, and even stuff like spinning and cardio classes. For some reason, these never seem to work for people. I've never seen people get fit this way. Maybe it doesn't raise heartrate fast enough or maybe people cheat the workout?

Something that totally works is walking a puppy. They are exuberant and walk really fast, and if you have to follow them on a leash, you have to walk at their pace. 3 times a day for 30 minutes or more each, and you'll lost fat in no time.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Well, I have yet to cut from my first bulk but when I neared the end of my weight loss in January of this year this is my stomach vs after I'd dipped down to 115 lbs while reversing to a bulk and getting back to 120 lbs to my current weight. It's a game of patience. Some of these awesome lifting ladies on here have been doing bulking and cutting for years but it truly changes everything I thought about weight being any more of a gauge and not an end all set point.

33vbtpe.jpg

like I said, I have yet to cut. I'm planning on going until 130 lbs and reassess my body fat percentage. If I'm over 25%, I'll go back to cut, otherwise, I'm going to bulk for as long as I can :P I like all the foods and gains!
  • queenierz
    Options
    My battle is definitely with subcutaneous. I'm currently doing weight training, and so far I'm progressing quite okay with the weights, but not my physical appearance. My body fat is like 18.5% already, and I"m underweight, so everyone told me to gain some weight. You're right; cardio is deceiving for many people who wants to lose the excess fats; totally not working for me. I"m about to change my workout routines and goals, so I am planning to bulk it up to gain more muscles, and cut later. Previously I was doing weight lifting while eating at deficit; not working. Belly fat is the same. Therefore I'm going to try bulking! Thank you for the reply!

It totally depends on how far along you are in your exercise plan.

There are different types of fat: intramuscular, subcutaneous, and visceral.

Intramuscular comes off first if your workout plan is intense enough and your diet is low in sugars.

Subcutaneous comes of next and visceral is the last to go (in my experience). Some people don't have a lot of visceral so their battle is with subcutaneous fat.

You need to do some weight training. It works. I think the reason it works is because it raises your heartrate to extreme levels very quickly. You can do pushups, pullups, or other bodyweight exercises like squats. High intensity cardio also works, even something a bit less than high intensity will work.

What doesn't work is the type of cardio most people do - elliptical for an hour at 0 resistance, jogging with a friend while gossiping, and even stuff like spinning and cardio classes. For some reason, these never seem to work for people. I've never seen people get fit this way. Maybe it doesn't raise heartrate fast enough or maybe people cheat the workout?

Something that totally works is walking a puppy. They are exuberant and walk really fast, and if you have to follow them on a leash, you have to walk at their pace. 3 times a day for 30 minutes or more each, and you'll lost fat in no time.
  • queenierz
    Options
    Nice transformations! I see you lose some fats on the belly there :D Yeah, it took you 6 months, I see... If I'm going to lose this battle, it will be from my impatience :( I'm just so afraid to leave my "comfort zone" of eating deficit and eat surplus to bulk, but if I never try it out and work hard, I never know. Thank you for the motivation! ;)
    Well, I have yet to cut from my first bulk but when I neared the end of my weight loss in January of this year this is my stomach vs after I'd dipped down to 115 lbs while reversing to a bulk and getting back to 120 lbs to my current weight. It's a game of patience. Some of these awesome lifting ladies on here have been doing bulking and cutting for years but it truly changes everything I thought about weight being any more of a gauge and not an end all set point.

33vbtpe.jpg

like I said, I have yet to cut. I'm planning on going until 130 lbs and reassess my body fat percentage. If I'm over 25%, I'll go back to cut, otherwise, I'm going to bulk for as long as I can :P I like all the foods and gains!
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Anyone ever has problems losing belly fats, but already skinny? How do you deal with that? I've tried eating less and cardio and they are NOT WORKING. therefore, m planning to bulk up alittle and gain muscles, then cut later. Anyone did this and manage to lose the love handles and belly fats?

This is me :/ skinny legs and arms and a big belly! Lost an inch from my waist, so far, this bulk/cut cycle (my first) and I have 2 lb to go to the original weight!

So yes, it works :)

I'll be cutting down further before bulking again this time though to see if I can get even better results next time.
  • queenierz
    Options
    Nice transformations! I see you lose some fats on the belly there :D Yeah, it took you 6 months, I see... If I'm going to lose this battle, it will be from my impatience :( I'm just so afraid to leave my "comfort zone" of eating deficit and eat surplus to bulk, but if I never try it out and work hard, I never know. Thank you for the motivation! ;)

33vbtpe.jpg

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!