How much did you lose in your first week?

Options
snowy_sk
snowy_sk Posts: 117 Member
This is purely out of curiosity as I know the weight usually comes off a bit faster in week 1 as it's mainly water weight. I am currently 11 1/2 stone and have 21 pounds to lose. My goal is 2 pound a week. Be interested to know!

Replies

• Tal_Kyrte
    Tal_Kyrte Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2 pounds
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    you've come down from 13 stones! well done!

just keep doin' what you been doin' :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I just started two weeks ago and I lost 5 pounds that first week... and 5 more pounds last week... Hopefully I'm not losing weight too fast, but I 'm happy with the results so far... :smile:
  • evitaevita12
    evitaevita12 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    2 lbs, averaged about 1.5 later
  • Will210
    Will210 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Eight pounds - mostly water retention from initial weigh in.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    5 lbs the first week I think. That was almost 4 years ago so it's hard to remember. lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I lost about 2-3 lb my first week. I have seen a lot of people lose up to 10 lb in their first week, just know that it's not necessarily indicative of future success or failure.
  • DaveDeLange
    Options
    I have no idea! All I know is that after 12 weeks most of my trousers (which I haven't fitted into for years) now fit fine.

I couldn't care less if I haven't lost a single pound to be honest. In the past when I went by the scale I found it the most discouraging measure to go by. Looking at many of the posts on this forum by people becoming disillusioned by their progress on the scales, I don't think I am alone.
  • puddy29
    puddy29 Posts: 77
    Options
    I lost 4lbs the first week but have only lost an additional 4lbs in the last two weeks. Very slow progress for me.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Week one about 8 lbs... .after that MUCH slower lol
  • icrushit
    icrushit Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    4lbs in the first week, and actually 15lbs in the first 28 days, my deficit being somewhere between 2 to 2.5lbs during this time while I was trying to figure out what my actual daily calorie needs were (online calculators & MFP can only tell you so much). It's worth noting I was starting from a point where I was about 3 to 3.5 stone overweight also. Oh, low carb also, which always sheds more water weight :)
  • shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm comfortable with my progress at 8lbs, but most of that is water weight since most of my recent gaining was from over indulging in adult beverages. I've cut those down/out and seeing good progress.
  • dwozniak16
    dwozniak16 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 pounds my first week,
    then about 7 the second.

Today marks one month of clean eating and cardio 5x a week for an hour, down 23 pounds for the month.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    10lbs in my first week and 12lbs the second.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    couple of pounds...

BTW, 2 Lbs per week is an extremely aggressive goal for only needing to drop 20 Lbs. You may encounter issues here.
  • rgdelacruz43
    rgdelacruz43 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    4 lbs :)!
  • californiacats
    Options
    0 pounds first week.
    0 pounds second week.
    0 pounds third week.
    5 pounds fourth week.

Did lose a lot of inches while gaining muscle though.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    my very first week on this journey I lost almost 6 lbs. ALOT of that was water weight and all that nonsense. It evened out after that and would fluctuate in +/- based on my activity level and food consumption. If I lifted, then I would see weeks where I would gain, but was losing inches.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I started at 419 pounds. My first week I lost 10 pounds. There's a spreadsheet link in my profile showing various stats.
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    5 Pounds for week 1.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!