Newbie needing ideas

Options
Hi there

New to this and need to lose 3 stone. Does anyone have any ideas for breakfast and lunch on the go. I leave the house at 6am and we don't have cooking facilities at work, though we do have a microwave.

Pet Hates: cottage cheese, marmite and peanut butter :sad:

All help appreciated :laugh:

Replies

• Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Instant oatmeal and yogurt, fruit
    Protein bars

I love your picture!!!

You can send me a FR. We are the same age!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    do a veggie/fruit smoothie
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sandwiches? :happy:
  • Blondie007wi
    Blondie007wi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like my Egg beater sandwich. 1/4 cup Egg beaters, 1 slice deli ham, 1 slice reduced fat pepper jack cheese on a multigrain sandwich thin. 200 calories and keeps me going for hours. Good luck to you. Blondie
  • MarianH23
    MarianH23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Many thanks - how do I add friends?
  • MarianH23
    MarianH23 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • kimpossible262
    Options
    Hi! Try yogurt with nuts, eggs on whole grain bread (no butter), and pack a good salad for lunch. Amazon.com has some nice little boxes of lunches to go called "Go Picnic". They usually include black bean dip with plaintain chips, hummus and crackers, tuna with crackers, nuts, seeds, and many contain a small chocolate bar. They are great and only around 350 calories. :)
  • ValleySimTech
    ValleySimTech Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    These are a few of my favorite breakfast ideas. Green tea with honey, yogurt with fresh berries mixed in, any kind of fresh fruit and low cal cereals with milk.
  • Isobelle40
    Options
    Hi,

There are loads of great breakfast and lunch options like fruit smoothies, yoghurt, bananas, wholegrain toast with egg or anything else as long as it's not loaded with mayonnaise, also cereal (keeping to the portion sizes recommended on the pack) are all great for breakfast. Soup is a brilliant weight loss aid. There are so many soup choices that it's impossible to get bored and most are pretty low in calories, so I would recommend soups for lunch a few times a week with some wholemeal bread to dip.

One tip I would give to use throughout your diet (and especially for breakfast and lunch) is to avoid very-low or no-fat foods all the time. I know this sounds like a conflict of interest but actually including a little fat in all your meals is essential to satiety not to mention that it is essential for maintaining health. Fat helps the hormones kick in that let your brain know that you've eaten enough, plus you'll be less likely to snack in-between meals.

Hope that helps a bit.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Make berry muffins on weekends for the whole week. I like them with sweet tea.