Zumba

Options
Hey all does anyone do Zumba? I recently purchased the game for Wii and I am addicted...I love it. It is far less expensive than taking classes every week. I try no to do it everyday because I don't want to plateau doing the same exercise all the time, but I really could do it all the time..love the music and the dancing. Something I ca stick with. I have recently dusted off and old elliptical given to me and my husband (not the best quality) but I break a sweat. I may cancel my gym membership...trying to save money. Anyone else losing weight by working out at home??

Sarah G

Replies

• MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Yes. There are so many inexpensive DVD's out there that don't require much to do. Jillian is a big fav on here, as well as other Wii games, etc. Good luck!
    PS( I got Zumba last night and my husband had to turn the wii off to get me to go to bed!) Love that and Just Dance. He wouldn't let me video him trying Zumba, but I would love to post it on here. SSSOOO funny! He might be able to run marathons, but I am the Zumba & Just Dance queen of our house!
  • amr_227
    amr_227 Posts: 23
    Options
    I have been using my bike at home. Its hard for me to go to a gym with 4 young kids.
  • idivadi
    idivadi Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just got the zumba for wii recently and I love it. Sure do work up a sweat and time passes quickly--whenever I exercise and I am not watching the clock it is a GOOD thing. lol
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i work out at home too...i dont like other people seeing me work out so find it better suited to me...i use an elliptical (which i can adjust the resistance on)....i also use hand weights, a core balance ball and most recently purchased 30 day shred dvd....i want to get the zumba game and ea sports fit game for the wii as well
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have been wanting to get the Zumba game for the Wii but haven't really looked for it since it was all out everywhere at Christmas time. I'll have to check again. I did get Just Dance 2 & it is a lot of fun - no idea how many calories you burn but you are moving. I also have several DVD's that I do plus the treadmill/running outside when it's nice. I cancelled my gym membership last year to save $$ and haven't regretted it at all.
  • sneakers71
    Options
    I have the zumba dvd's, dance wrkout for wii, a stationary bicycle and I attend zumba classes 3x per wk. I like to workout at home but my family is very demanding of my time and I find it hard to "sneak way" to the other room so it is easier to go to class where I can really focus.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba for Wii and also have Wii Active 2, which is a great workout (some flaws with the program, but it's overall very good.) I have Zumba DVDs that I just got so haven't opened them yet, and I'm thinking about Slim in 6 because I have enough muscles -- I need to slim down the layer of fat over the muscles!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    I'm ONLY working out at home and it's working just fine. I actually feel less self concious then I would at the gym and work out better. I'm willing to take chances sprinting for a minute or two on the treadmill, when at the gym i would only be doing my speed walk. And there are soo many wonderful workout dvd's. I'm a big fan of exercise tv on demand as well (if you have cable anyway) becuase it has every 'type' of workout you could want to try and therefore makes it easier to keep switching things up on your body.
    Just say to yourself. I can and will do this!

best of luck!
  • Loobyloo36
    Options
    I actually go to the Zumba classes three times a week and love it - I might have to invest in the game too and I will be dancing every night! ;-)
  • tittles84
    Options
    To the people that have the Wii Zumba game did u lose any weight playing it? Good luck everyone!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I started on Saturday and have lost 4.6 lbs this week. I only started Wii Active 2 today (after I weighed myself this morning) so that had no bearing on the weight loss. I don't have a HRM so I just put 100 calories for 20 minutes.
  • boogbite
    Options
    I'm a gym girl because I've never been able to stick with one type of exercise without getting bored, i need variety. I take spin, zumba, and pilates weekly at the gym and I do a yoga video at home about once a week. I agree that Zumba is a super fun way to workout and the time passes quickly!
  • mommyof5kids
    Options
    I too only workout at home since I have 5 kids and my husband works a crazy schedule---so finding time for the gym would be almost impossible (and expensive). I use a treadmil, Biggest Loser dvd's, and I just bought the Zumba fitness dvd's (took a couple of classes a few years ago and loved them)---am excited to try them out! I want to get the new Zumba for Wii (now I will since there have been a lot of positive comments about it. Has anybody had any luck with the Zumba dvd's???
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home. I can't afford a gym membership. I also don't have anyone to watch my kids if I go to a gym. I enjoy the "free" moments during my day to pop in a video and get my exercise in for the day. I tried to exercise this morning with my son not napping and I spent the next 10 minutes cleaning up the items he pulled out of the kitchen cabinets. LOL At least the pots and pans kept him entertained and not climbing on me when I was trying to do an ab workout.